To anyone else on Delta 7300 to Durham today,,What an adventure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

To anyone else on Delta 7300 to Durham today,,What an adventure

cto said:
I assume others here were on the flight because the gate area at LaGuardia was full of folks wearing SU gear. Or should I say the "gates" area. The gate was changed 10 times....and the Terminal was changed four times. All we did was run back and forth. After a two-hour delay (announced to us in 15-minute in elements)we finally left the gate two hours late -- only to sit on the Tarmac because the airport was "too crowded" for us to back up. when we finally got airborne the captain never turned off the seat belt sign because of turbulence, and even the flight attendants had to remain seated. And final approach was so rocky that the captain came on the PA system and said "that little massage at end was a bonus; there's no extra charge for it." It's amazing what a little fog can do to LaGuardia airport On the other hand, if they removed the piles of snow from alongside runways, maybe the warm air would not have created the fog Whatever...let the game begin!

Yea yea yea. But which TV, media, sports, or movie personality did you sit next too?

Forza Azzurri said:
There goes the chat room tomorrow night

Rumor has it that the heavy handed Kim Jong Bees will be joining in.

PeteCalvin said:
I fly all the time and avoid LaGuardia LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Nothing good ever comes from flying into or out of LaGuardia, especially on a Friday. ;)

Thumbs down to LaGuardia, O'Hare and Philly. Thumbs up to Charlotte and Detroit.

Dear lord! I fly all the time, but nervously. I can never fall asleep on a plane because I am convinced that my alertness is the only thing keeping the plane in the air.(sigh)

OMG LMAO - it's really the best time I spend with the Good Lord fervently praying for a safe trip - my private time just me and the big guy upstairs confessing all my sins! Very cleansing experience every time I fly!

I second the never falling asleep trick!!! Didn't fly on CTOs plane but very bumpy ride today! Double downed on the Dramamine thank you know who!

chakka3421 said:
So driving around today there is no bar near Cameron so don't think there is a watering hole near the stadium for opposing team fans. Parking is even worse than SU (imagine that but dealing with 1/3 less people might not be so bad) but quite warm enough for the hike. Saw the Cameron crazies campers for the game all lined up outside. Gotta get to the circuit or science parking lots early but no where to go to hang out after parking early unless someone knows of a good location to hang out would be great. Don't think the Duke country club watering hole next to the stadium would be wise to hang wearing orange. LGO.

Wear Orange loud and proud. Chances are you will find others brothers. Enjoy and take full advantage of this great experience.

I assume others here were on the flight because the gate area at LaGuardia was full of folks wearing SU gear. Or should I say the "gates" area. The gate was changed 10 times...and the Terminal was changed four times. All we did was run back and forth. After a two-hour delay (announced to us in 15-minute in elements)we finally left the gate two hours late -- only to sit on the Tarmac because the airport was "too crowded" for us to back up. when we finally got airborne the captain never turned off the seat belt sign because of turbulence, and even the flight attendants had to remain seated. And final approach was so rocky that the captain came on the PA system and said "that little massage at end was a bonus; there's no extra charge for it."

It's amazing what a little fog can do to LaGuardia airport On the other hand, if they removed the piles of snow from alongside runways, maybe the warm air would not have created the fog

Whatever...let the game begin!

The fog is symbolic of what our Zone will do tomorrow. LGO!

Thumbs down to LaGuardia, O'Hare and Philly. Thumbs up to Charlotte and Detroit.

I hope ohare is in good shape tomorrow so I can get my weary self back to Vt.

FYI the camping Crazies at K-Ville are waiting for the UNC game, the non camping crazies are waiting for the Cuse game. 2 lines. So I've heard.

OMG LMAO - it's really the best time I spend with the Good Lord fervently praying for a safe trip - my private time just me and the big guy upstairs confessing all my sins! Very cleansing experience every time I fly!

I second the never falling asleep trick!!! Didn't fly on CTOs plane but very bumpy ride today! Double downed on the Dramamine thank you know who!

Half the time out by the times wheels are up and wake up on the descent.

Great way to shorten a trip.