To be fair to JGIII... We should talk about Buddy... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

To be fair to JGIII... We should talk about Buddy...

Not sure if you heard the same thing I did, but Boeheim specifically referenced this in his post-game on the radio broadcast.

He said when Kadary is out there, teams back off of him because they know he can't shoot. He also said Kadary doesn't make jump shots in practice so Boeheim doesn't think he can make them in a game. When the teams back off, it messes with their spacing for passing and the spacing for our shooters.

Idk, personally I think that trade off (Kadary for Joe) might have been worth it in the closing minutes, but I'm not a HOF college basketball coach.

Good points about a Kadary for Buddy swap. If QG doesn't get in foul trouble, I think we easily walk away with a win.
This is only true when JB has Joe running the point. If he had Kadary up top, instead of off to the side or in the corner, it would allow him to run the offense.

Not sure if you heard the same thing I did, but Boeheim specifically referenced this in his post-game on the radio broadcast.

He said when Kadary is out there, teams back off of him because they know he can't shoot. He also said Kadary doesn't make jump shots in practice so Boeheim doesn't think he can make them in a game. When the teams back off, it messes with their spacing for passing and the spacing for our shooters.

Idk, personally I think that trade off (Kadary for Joe) might have been worth it in the closing minutes, but I'm not a HOF college basketball coach.

Good points about a Kadary for Buddy swap. If QG doesn't get in foul trouble, I think we easily walk away with a win.

this would be a fantastic point by JB if there was some sort of metric that showed that the shooters shoot better without Kadary in the game.

its, of course, not true.

this would be a fantastic point by JB if there was some sort of metric that showed that the shooters shoot better without Kadary in the game.

its, of course, not true.
Also guards back off Kadary because he can actually drive the ball to the rim.
If Buddy or Joe could beat guards off the dribble defenders would have to play them to drive and not just stay on them.

You can tell when Joe is going to bring it into the frontcourt and fire a crazy deep 35 footer. Griffin and Buddy too, to a lesser extent. They all have to be point counting.

A pretty good indication that that is going to happen is that someone else made two shots in a row.

Heat check! You know he or Buddy gonna do it!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, when misses work like makes because they count as "passing" or something spacing is always paramount

Spacing!!!!

We are really twisting ourselves into a pretzel to justify our weird PT

JB follows this. He will most likely not play Kadary again this year to prove his point.

When it comes to Jackson, I think we just have to hope he's smarter about his shots and the makes start coming.

Girard's a tougher case. I don't know. Maybe tell him that when we hit 75 points and get free tacos he gets some too.

Our guard numbers are looking downright Goodinian.
Yeah but we went 18-14 last year and weren’t on the bubble. One medicore team season makes you a made man and you get tenure.

Yeah but we went 18-14 last year and weren’t on the bubble. One medicore team season makes you a made man and you get tenure.
tenor.gif

I'm no master of game theory, but why would JB broadcast to the world that Kadary can't make shots in practice? Instead, say he drains them all the time in practice, and keep them guessing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom