To everyone on this board who called for Marrone's head... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

To everyone on this board who called for Marrone's head...

Hmmm, I don't agree with your assessment of 2013 recruiting--at all--and I think that our strong finish to the season positions us to close out recruiting strongly. I'm highly optimistic think you might change your opinion as well over the course of the next few weeks as things unfold.

And to my point from the earlier post you responded to, the FOUNDATION for continued success has been established by the roster overhaul. Now, it's up to the coaches and players to sustain the success and take it to the next level.

I would really like to see the late magic happen to round up 12 more commits for our list.
But, face the facts, our coaches are in scramble mode -- our rivals have locked up the bulk of their classes, and we have no DBs, or OL, or WRs, or pass rushing DEs. It has been a long time since Gus, our last commit. We are making late offers and trying to get visits in mid-December and January; you can check our rivals and see they did better over the summer and also have had 3 or 4 recent commits. Hmmm. JUCOs and surprises may yet save the day for us, but look we aren't exactly winning the regional recruiting battles.
As to the "foundation", sure. The program is building and we could use more help (next step up on the recruiting food chain).

I would really like to see the late magic happen to round up 12 more commits for our list.
But, face the facts, our coaches are in scramble mode -- our rivals have locked up the bulk of their classes, and we have no DBs, or OL, or WRs, or pass rushing DEs. It has been a long time since Gus, our last commit. We are making late offers and trying to get visits in mid-December and January; you can check our rivals and see they did better over the summer and also have had 3 or 4 recent commits. Hmmm. JUCOs and surprises may yet save the day for us, but look we aren't exactly winning the regional recruiting battles.
As to the "foundation", sure. The program is building and we could use more help (next step up on the recruiting food chain).

That's not "facts," that's your opinion about the coaches being in scramble mode. We've heard reports that there may be as many as 4 additional commits in the bag, which certainly could change the landscape a bit, and it is doubtful that we have 12 more slots to fill as we probably won't be bringing in a class of 20.

We have two months until signing day--that's plenty of time. The only positional unit I think we are in "trouble" is OL, primarily because I'm not sure who we'll be going after from this point on.

You are 100% correct that it's been a long time since Gus, but the sky isn't falling. The players we've lined up are all three stars [at either Rivals or Scout], very strong foundation. Let's see how the rest of recruiting plays out; our coaches have a nice card to play on the recruiting trail with the team headed to a bowl and having scored wins over Louisville and Missouri.

Well I'd say that I am right here, and was right here during last season's collapse as well as this year's rough start. I cannot speak for others, but I know others on here who have been just as supportive of him as me.

He is not bigger than the program. I agree with this; however, I also believe that he is one of the few great coaches that we will have in this school's history (albeit prematurely). The man has a unique vision for the direction of the program. I really hope that it comes to fruition; I think we saw a sneak peak over the last 6-7 games of the year. Looking forward to seeing it over the course of a whole season based on finishing out this year 5-1 and, of course, a little bit of blind faith. :)

I do not disagree with any of this.

A lot remains to be seen. And I hope he becomes a legend.

We are also an overtime fumble against Rutgers, or dropped pick 6 in same game from being in 3 straight bowls

And also 6 points from being a 6-6 team in Marrones first season and a bowl team as well (3 point loss to MN to start the season, 1 pt loss to Louisville).

That's why I don't play the what if game - W's and L's are W's and L's. For every close game we've won, there's a similar game we've lost of the past four seasons.