To the Debbie Downers in the game thread that mysteriously disappeared | Syracusefan.com

To the Debbie Downers in the game thread that mysteriously disappeared

My bad. Wasn't too much of a hater, but my mom ended up face timing me for the entire second half.

Seemed to have gone well. She may need to distract me during games more often.
You weren't a Debbie Downer.

I half expect that in the game day thread... people are posting with raw emotion in the same fashion I'm yelling at the TV. Totally get your point though.
I am critical when I feel it's warranted but I also will eat humble pie. I don't look for carcasses and act negative just to be negative and then run away when it turns around.

I was really hard on dungey last week, and I thought his decision making stunk again in the first quarter and half or so. but then he hit that improvised pass to riley and seemed to settle in and just play football again. I understand it is probably tough, to have all those different coaches voices in your head clouds the decision making process. but he seemed to let go and just play, and that is our only chance.

I was really hard on dungey last week, and I thought his decision making stunk again in the first quarter and half or so. but then he hit that improvised pass to riley and seemed to settle in and just play football again. I understand it is probably tough, to have all those different coaches voices in your head clouds the decision making process. but he seemed to let go and just play, and that is our only chance.
Honestly on this one you weren't who I was referencing. I don't remember any posts from you in the game thread.

The game thread is sort of designed for quick, harsh reactions. I kept positive about the defense in the first half but the offense was real ugly in the 1st. I unfortunately couldn't watch the second half. I'm looking forward to watching the second half replay and I'm hoping we opened the playbook some.

I guess I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer before a good second half against Central Michigan?..

I'm not sure what good "told-you-so" threads do when we've been so bad, for so long and have an insane schedule upcoming.

Let people vent. At least people here care. Judging by the stands, we could use some more of that.

Miss St just took the lead over LSU with an Eric Dungey clone at QB. Let's hope we see some of the same next week.

I guess I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer before a good second half against Central Michigan?..

I'm not sure what good "told-you-so" threads do when we've been so bad, for so long and have an insane schedule upcoming.

Let people vent. At least people here care. Judging by the stands, we could use some more of that.

Miss St just took the lead over LSU with an Eric Dungey clone at QB. Let's hope we see some of the same next week.
Bingo!!!

It got so bad I had to stop reading the game thread. Even the pick 6 was somehow a blah lucky play. Many things went wrong in the 1st half, but credit to the team, and yes staff, for hanging in there and taking the lead at the 1/2. Third 1/4 was niiice offensively. The whole 2nd 1/2 was really nice defensively. D is night and day from last year.

Last edited:

I agree with this, I always thought of the game threads as kind of the "hot-take yell at the tv thread" everyone wants to win and everyone gets frustrated. and there were plenty of mind-boggling plays/decisions in this game. what happened on the perfect punt downed at the 1 that was mysteriously a touchback after the timeout?

I agree with this, I always thought of the game threads as kind of the "hot-take yell at the tv thread" everyone wants to win and everyone gets frustrated. and there were plenty of mind-boggling plays/decisions in this game. what happened on the perfect punt downed at the 1 that was mysteriously a touchback after the timeout?
No problem w/ folks getting emotional when things go bad. The issue comes when these same folks are nowhere to be seen, once the game gets turned around.
Lotsa over-the-top yapping i.e.:"Babers is a failure", when we lose. So where the hell are they when we win? Effin' cowards!

Once we turned the game around.
You guys got awfully quiet.
Good job bringing the negativity and then running away.

Great job in the second half and good team win.

I had my doubt but I held my tongue. Glad it turns OK.

But even we got the win, the score difference is not impressive, especially we cannot score in the fourth quarter. I think if there will be a turnaround for SU football, it may take much longer than most fans anticipate. Probably six or seven years.

In my defense, I had to go to a party at halftime. Can't wait to watch the 2nd half.

(Although I'd like to think I was reasonably negative)

Your first mistake is even opening the game thread if you don't want to see that stuff. Pretty common in those threads whenever we start slow.

At least we can go a a week now without multiple threads about how so and so isn't going to be a fan of the program anymore and all that garbage that we got last week.

Once we turned the game around.
You guys got awfully quiet.
Good job bringing the negativity and then running away.

Great job in the second half and good team win.
In their defense, they weren't being Debbie downers just for the sake of it. Between MTSU, and the first half, what was there wasn't a whole lot to cheer about. Everyone reacts differently when emotions are vested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom