To the Debbie Downers in the game thread that mysteriously disappeared | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

To the Debbie Downers in the game thread that mysteriously disappeared

I agree with this, I always thought of the game threads as kind of the "hot-take yell at the tv thread" everyone wants to win and everyone gets frustrated. and there were plenty of mind-boggling plays/decisions in this game. what happened on the perfect punt downed at the 1 that was mysteriously a touchback after the timeout?
To answer your question about the touchback, one of the guys was too excited to let it stop by itself at the one and felt it was necessary to jump on it and push it into the end zone.

Let people vent. The worst type of message board vigilante is one who gets mad at another for having a negative reaction. If u can't be irrationally negative day trading a game then shut down the game thread.

I was at my sons tournament so I was not in the game thread minus a drive by comment.

My two cents about this program haven't changed. We need a running back still, Dino is the right guy to right this ship, jury is out on his coordinators for me still. This tempo offense without a bell cow back has the makings of ALOT of 3 and outs esp against a team w more talent. What I've seen so far is we are w BC, WF, PITT talent wise (big surprise). We need to pitch perfect games vs the rest of schedule to squeeze a win out.

I see 4-5 wins bc we can't assume at all a sweep vs the 3 teams I mention above.

2-10 isn't out of play, we have zero gimmies left. Probably win a couple more though.

Dino hot seat is laughable though, regardless. He's a good coach and will make it work in time.
Cough. BC. Cough

I think we will beat them, but who knows? That game is over two months away, a lot can happen over the course of a season.

Could be similar to the BC game where the team is carrying Addazio out of the dome w his final win bc he was fired week before. Not sure if the team loves him but that will be a rock fight. We match up talent wise but gotta hope we r going into that one w 4-5 wins. Be nice to play for something

Let people vent. The worst type of message board vigilante is one who gets mad at another for having a negative reaction. If u can't be irrationally negative day trading a game then shut down the game thread.
I don't agree with much you say on anything.
If you read the cheap shots and then the posters run away it's a joke.
Be consistent.

It's a game thread. Ease off, Captain Sunshine.
Where did I say you can't be critical?

There are people who just go in for cheap shots when it's bad and then when we turn it around shut up and run away. Thus their negativity is annoying trolling.

If you rip when it's bad then praise when it's good.
Simple idea I know.

I guess I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer before a good second half against Central Michigan?..

I'm not sure what good "told-you-so" threads do when we've been so bad, for so long and have an insane schedule upcoming.

Let people vent. At least people here care. Judging by the stands, we could use some more of that.

Miss St just took the lead over LSU with an Eric Dungey clone at QB. Let's hope we see some of the same next week.
I think I should be able vent when "we" look like a high school team in the first quarter. The coaching and execution was pretty bad. I couldn't stand to think of watching a game for four hours and we get beat by a MAC team. I have supported this team for most of my life. It makes it even harder when you live thirteen hours away. I will criticize, but will defend the team against opponents fans.

I think I should be able vent when "we" look like a high school team in the first quarter. The coaching and execution was pretty bad. I couldn't stand to think of watching a game for four hours and we get beat by a MAC team. I have supported this team for most of my life. It makes it even harder when you live thirteen hours away. I will criticize, but will defend the team against opponents fans.
I never said don't criticize in my OP.

I said the people who were ALL NEGATIVE went away once we turned it around.

I am critical when I feel it's warranted but I give praise when warranted. The fan who are trolls who are all negative suck and deserve to be called out.

I never said don't criticize in my OP.

I said the people who were ALL NEGATIVE went away once we turned it around.

I am critical when I feel it's warranted but I give praise when warranted. The fan who are trolls who are all negative suck and deserve to be called out.
I was being negative. I didn't call out anyone specifically, was just really angry. I will seek out counseling and hope to get better for LSU. Thanks for helping me realize I might have a problem Alsacs.
;)

Where did I say you can't be critical?

There are people who just go in for cheap shots when it's bad and then when we turn it around shut up and run away. Thus their negativity is annoying trolling.

If you rip when it's bad then praise when it's good.
Simple idea I know.

That's fine. Playing board cop must get a exhausting. ;)

I don't agree with much you say on anything.
If you read the cheap shots and then the posters run away it's a joke.
Be consistent.

and that's awesome we don't agree bc it makes a message board compelling. If we agreed on everything it would be a back slapping therapy session. I'm a patriots fan so we can agree on their awesomeness :)

I like the highs and lows and people making drive by comments about the team. It's fun. No one I see is personal about anything. I like that people still care about the team as much as I do. I can't believe u people are out there.

It's like meeting in a public park every day and getting into fights on some days, parties on others. It's good.

What's not good is when some dude only shows up 4-5 times a year, screams something, and takes a dump on the lawn.

It's reasonable that we all look up from what we're doing and are like "that sucks, at least come back and help take care of the place ahole"

and that's awesome we don't agree bc it makes a message board compelling. If we agreed on everything it would be a back slapping therapy session. I'm a patriots fan so we can agree on their awesomeness :)

I like the highs and lows and people making drive by comments about the team. It's fun. No one I see is personal about anything. I like that people still care about the team as much as I do. I can't believe u people are out there.

And to further my analogy - after the dude takes a dump, some people say "isn't it nice that ppl use the public park"

That's fine. Playing board cop must get a exhausting. ;)
Yeah me I am board cop. Go ask the basketball board anytime anything real gets discussed I am a rainbow of sunshine on everything.

Judging people by posts in a game thread probably isn't a great idea. We've all lost our marbles in one, or in a chat room.
That wasn't my point.
I get negative when we play bad.

My point there were people who were only there to pile on when it was bad and when we turned it around they went away.

If you want to be negative when we suck or make bad plays okay but don't run away when it gets good.

That is my point.

I had my doubt but I held my tongue. Glad it turns OK.

But even we got the win, the score difference is not impressive, especially we cannot score in the fourth quarter. I think if there will be a turnaround for SU football, it may take much longer than most fans anticipate. Probably six or seven years.

Apparently you did not see Babers press confrence! He explains what they did in the 4th quarter.

There was 6 quarters of not very good football. The 3rd quarter the team broke out of the funk. Maybe you are talking about me. Who knows. This is a fan forum.

They broke out of the funk in the second quarter. If you remmember we were ahead at half time.

Personally, the game threads make for awesome post game reading. They have it all - comedy, drama, TMI about Chip.

Yep, I purposely waited until this morning to read it. It was a fun way to start the day. lots of laughs.

Once we turned the game around.
You guys got awfully quiet.
Good job bringing the negativity and then running away.

Great job in the second half and good team win. Loved the way we turned it on and the D made me eat crow, which is what ultimately what i wanted. I would rather this program have success, rather than I be right!

However, if we are gonna have an in game thread; then YES, we will see negative posts, alot is quick and play by play and emotional. That's typical across the nation. Nice win and go Cuse!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom