Today in Doug Gottleib | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Today in Doug Gottleib

I'm more of a pessimist on this subject.
I find that there is a lot of jealousy and resentment to people who have had success from people that haven't. Yes, some people inherit money. And yes, some people are scum that basically steal their way to wealth. But most don't. They work harder and smarter. And the ones that don't or can't use excuses for their lack of success.

I find that there is a lot of jealousy and resentment to people who have had success from people that haven't. Yes, some people inherit money. And yes, some people are scum that basically steal their way to wealth. But most don't. They work harder and smarter. And the ones that don't or can't use excuses for their lack of success.
I agree with this, but working hard and smart is, unfortunately, not a guarantee of wealth and success. It certainly increases the chances.

I know a few up here in Vt. 3 of the 4 families inherited the money from parents who worked very hard. The 4th worked very hard but used some tricks that probably would have them doing a bit of time if the IRS found out the full details.

I agree with this, but working hard and smart is, unfortunately, not a guarantee of wealth and success. It certainly increases the chances.
Oh, there are no guarantees. And there is a degree of good fortune.

Like being born on 3rd base?

I was born on 3rd but was thrown out trying to stretch it into an inside the park homer.

What the heck? How did a wholesome Douggie bashing thread turn into a contests about who is a bigger communist? The workers of the world should unite… against Doug G!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom