Today in Doug Gottleib | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Today in Doug Gottleib

When did he start reporting on baseball anyway?

I mean, I don’t need John Kruk breaking rumors on why Jalen Carey transferred (body language!) either.

I think Doug should stick to his lane.
He’s never reported on anything. He tried to pretend to be a reporter once and found out why he isn’t one. I’m a little annoyed the agent didn’t follow through and hold him accountable but I get why. defamation/libel claims like this are hard so in reality, getting an apology like this is a great outcome. A monetary judgement was possible but hard. And not worth the hassle.

He cleared his name and made Doug look worse. Good outcome.

It always amazes me how so many think the worse of others. No evidence, no motive and the player is still with the agency, yet so many still think the agent did wrong. I wonder if anyone would think the agent did something wrong if Doug hadn't lied.

Always fabricating things to get headlines? Has this ever happened before?
Maybe not to the flat-out lying extent of this case, but yes, his analysis has often contained embellished, stretch-the-truth statements that are 'backed-up' by pick-and-choose numbers/stats that don't tell the real story. Talking about actual analysis of games/teams here, not saying he has wrongly defamed a bunch of people in his life.

Maybe not to the flat-out lying extent of this case, but yes, his analysis has often contained embellished, stretch-the-truth statements that are 'backed-up' by pick-and-choose numbers/stats that don't tell the real story. Talking about actual analysis of games/teams here, not saying he has wrongly defamed a bunch of people in his life.
Yeah, he talks on the radio for 3-4 hours a day. That’s exactly what those guys do.

You should stop talking in absolutes all the time. (See what I did there?)

Yeah, he talks on the radio for 3-4 hours a day. That’s exactly what those guys do.

Today in Doug Gottleib​

Every time this thread pops up, I can’t help but thinking something like….

2 gerbils?
A cue ball?
A dill pickle?
All of the above? :p

Uh, ok? So, you agree with my point? And I used one word in passing that you disagree with because it was too absolute? Ok, you're right, I shouldn't have said 'always.' Most of the time - is that better? Douche.

And yes, I cut him more slack than most here because, as the minister eluded to, he’s the only talking head who watches actual college basketball games, not just highlights

Uh, ok? So, you agree with my point? And I used one word in passing that you disagree with because it was too absolute? Ok, you're right, I shouldn't have said 'always.' Most of the time - is that better? Douche.
I was kidding child. Sorry it went over your head.

It wasn't true. The agent would never have taken it to court if it was possible that it was true. Doug either got bad info or he made it up. And I believe that I just read that Freeman is still with that agency. And when you think about it, there is no reason for the agent to do that. Freeman was loved in Atlanta and he could make more money off the field in Atlanta because of that.
I live a couple miles from the agent. I don't know him - I'm not a scumbag millionaire - but my kids know his kids.

Kylie is my favorite but people don't give Kourtney the respect she deserves

Our society really has to stop with that. Plus, scumbags know no economic background. How many millionaires stormed the capital on January 6th?
I’m not a millionaire…yet.
But I’ve worked hard for everything I’ve gotten, with no apologies.
And you’re right, scumbaggery doesn’t have an economic component. I’ve come across plenty of SB’s…”on both sides, both sides”. :)

Not all millionaires are scumbags. The vast majority have worked very hard for their money
Whenever it is said that someone, or anyone, worked hard to become a millionaire, I hark back to the famous quote by Malcolm Forbes: "I got my money the American way--I inherited it".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom