Today's NY Post article on Wayne Williams is great | Syracusefan.com

Today's NY Post article on Wayne Williams is great

PhatOrange

Living Legend
and worthy of it's own mention (sorry Dan).

How can you not love the headline?

"Former Lincoln star Williams picks Syracuse, continuing Orange's stranglehold on the city"

The article really paints a picture about how tight these NYC kids are with each other. Sure isn't going to hurt in our efforts to bring Ogundeko and Edwards into the fold.

"Williams is the latest New York City recruit for Marrone and assistant John Anselmo, the Orange’s local recruiter. He will join a large city contingent, which includes good friends Ivan Foy and Brandon Reddish, formerly of Fort Hamilton, and Wayne Morgan of Erasmus Hall.

“It was a big factor,” he said. “Being comfortable is a big thing. It’s going to be like being at an all-star game again.”

Williams chose Syracuse over Texas A&M, Temple and Rutgers. He said Rutgers finished a close second. It was hard saying no to head coach Kyle Flood, who recruited Williams while he was an assistant under Greg Schiano, but he desperately wanted to join his friends at Syracuse.

“Coach Kyle Flood is building a great program at Rutgers; how could you not go somewhere where the head recruiter is the head coach? At Syracuse, I have all my brothers with me and how can I tell my brothers I’m not going to join them?” he said. “It was a real hard decision. At the end of the day, I wanted to go with my New York guys.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/football/former_lincoln_star_williams_picks_HuZH9TnYtoGoHSITi55gDM#ixzz1vEDIVJsD

and worthy of it's own mention (sorry Dan).

How can you not love the headline?

"Former Lincoln star Williams picks Syracuse, continuing Orange's stranglehold on the city"

The article really paints a picture about how tight these NYC kids are with each other. Sure isn't going to hurt in our efforts to bring Ogundeko and Edwards into the fold.

"Williams is the latest New York City recruit for Marrone and assistant John Anselmo, the Orange’s local recruiter. He will join a large city contingent, which includes good friends Ivan Foy and Brandon Reddish, formerly of Fort Hamilton, and Wayne Morgan of Erasmus Hall.

“It was a big factor,” he said. “Being comfortable is a big thing. It’s going to be like being at an all-star game again.”

Williams chose Syracuse over Texas A&M, Temple and Rutgers. He said Rutgers finished a close second. It was hard saying no to head coach Kyle Flood, who recruited Williams while he was an assistant under Greg Schiano, but he desperately wanted to join his friends at Syracuse.

“Coach Kyle Flood is building a great program at Rutgers; how could you not go somewhere where the head recruiter is the head coach? At Syracuse, I have all my brothers with me and how can I tell my brothers I’m not going to join them?” he said. “It was a real hard decision. At the end of the day, I wanted to go with my New York guys.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/football/former_lincoln_star_williams_picks_HuZH9TnYtoGoHSITi55gDM#ixzz1vEDIVJsD

Agreed. For all those who have disagreed with Marrone's recruiting strategy and Dr. Gross' NYC branding strategy... this is a big win and a success in my viewpoint. Like our chances with Ebenezer/ Augustus because of this.

Agreed. For all those who have disagreed with Marrone's recruiting strategy and Dr. Gross' NYC branding strategy... this is a big win and a success in my viewpoint. Like our chances with Ebenezer/ Augustus because of this.
I think a big factor that people have overlooked with Ogundeko is the size and quality of the DT's we've brought in. We have some monsters on the front that will allow EO to get better run after the QB and become a big time playmaker. Our defense is just one guy short of being elite in the coming years, and that is a big time DE. We want and need Ogundeko bad; I'd say he's a more important recruit than J Jones or Ishaq ever were.

The NYC kids have so much pride for being from the City and like Wayne says, its difficult to turn your boys down. Clearly it's been discussed and they want to play together and represent NYC.

SwaggerCuse

I think a big factor that people have overlooked with Ogundeko is the size and quality of the DT's we've brought in. We have some monsters on the front that will allow EO to get better run after the QB and become a big time playmaker. Our defense is just one guy short of being elite in the coming years, and that is a big time DE. We want and need Ogundeko bad; I'd say he's a more important recruit than J Jones or Ishaq ever were.
I hear what you are saying but Ogundeko really wants to move outside and play in a 3-4. He has mentioned playing outside linebacker in the last few interviews I have seen. I am sure Shafer is trying to convince him it worked out well for Chan playing DE.

I hear what you are saying but Ogundeko really wants to move outside and play in a 3-4. He has mentioned playing outside linebacker in the last few interviews I have seen. I am sure Shafer is trying to convince him it worked out well for Chan playing DE.
I totally missed that. Not a good sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom