Toledo Game | Syracusefan.com

Toledo Game

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Is the game on TV?

LOL - just kidding :D. Almost forgot there was even a football game coming up with all of this ACC stuff going on.

Is the game on TV?

LOL - just kidding :D. Almost forgot there was even a football game coming up with all of this ACC stuff going on.

This is the exact reason I think we lose a close one this Saturday. So many distractions up there. Actually what am I saying, these kids are football players, cant imagine this changes how they play.

Three things I know, Toledo will kill our secondary, we haven't played a good game at home since rutgers 2010, and recovering from a west coast trip versus a very physical USC team will be difficult. Marrone has his work cut out for him this week. This might not be good.

Our D is decimated. Shafer needs to work some magic to avoid a complete disaster.

Three things I know, Toledo will kill our secondary, we haven't played a good game at home since rutgers 2010, and recovering from a west coast trip versus a very physical USC team will be difficult. Marrone has his work cut out for him this week. This might not be good.
Bah. Toledo is a decent MAC team, but that's about as far as it goes.

They have problems going vertical. Their QB's are not as good as any of the QB's SU has faced to date.

I'll tell ya one thing, not sure if GO96 is some sort of soothsayer, but his confidence this week gives me comfort.

Toledo is in the top 3 teams in the Mac, if not the best team. They will give SU all they can handle, especially with all of the defensive injuries we are dealing with right now. Shafer better get creative with his blitz packages.

Toledo is in the top 3 teams in the Mac, if not the best team. They will give SU all they can handle, especially with all of the defensive injuries we are dealing with right now. Shafer better get creative with his blitz packages.
Injuries are the only thing that may keep this close.

Toledo has a bunch of talent. They will be a very tough game. What sucks for me is I have to find a bar in LA with the game on at 9am.

Unless Cali will have me over :noidea:

I'm not sure the conference expansion stuff is as distracting to the players as it is to us. They probably think it's cool, read some articles but I don't think it will effect their play. Now the other things may affect their play though. I think this game should be interesting, we might learn more about this team in this game then in the previous 3.

Eric Page will make Woods look like Johnnie Morant.

Not a debbie downer but thinking about this Saturday has me feeling a bit queasy.

They have problems going vertical. Their QB's are not as good as any of the QB's SU has faced to date.
Toledo #30 Passing Offense
Wake Forest #14 Passing Offense
USC #23 Passing Offense
Rhode Island #56 FCS Passing Offense

Austin Dantin #46 Passing Efficiency 144.08
Terrence Owens #61 Passing Efficiency 130.90
Matt Barkley #23 Passing Efficiency 157.44
Tanner Price #32 Passing Efficiency 154.77
Steve Probst #62 FCS Passing Efficiency 123.51

Dantin is a better runner/good mobility-spread QB, with a limited arm.
Owens is more of a gunslinger type QB, tall/skinny kid with a big arm.

they screen 30 times a game. they make you make tackles and hope you get wide to allow a run to work. we need to be efficient on offense and score make them go 3-0 a few times and wear their D out..

I agree with this. The defense is hurting bad. I was impressed with the DL against USC, but its the Toledo passing game that I am worried about and with a hurt D, it could be a long day at the office.

they screen 30 times a game. they make you make tackles and hope you get wide to allow a run to work. we need to be efficient on offense and score make them go 3-0 a few times and wear their D out..

Rockets ran more screens than normal because of the OSU and Boise State Defensive fronts. Rockets go 7-8 deep across the defensive front without much of a drop-off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom