Tom Crean goes nuts | Syracusefan.com

Tom Crean goes nuts

djcon57

Living Legend
Goes crazy on ex IU assistant Jeff Meyer (Sampson guy who cheated)

He's acting kind of nutty, but I get it, though. I get it.

What a DBag. Then when he knows the camera is on him again he has a convenient special moment with Oladipo. You're the Big 10 favorite all season and you win the Big 10 and you cry tears of joy? Act like you've been there before...

This is one of the reasons I disagree with Marsh about disliking Duke the most. I'd rather see Duke do well in the tournament than IU simply because of Crean. I hope he gets a T in the tournament for being outside the coaching box along with some of his idiotic actions.

Instead of everyone talking about his big mans great play against mich. The story is about him.

I think he was saying:

"Thank you and your boss so much for cheating. Without that I never would have gotten the chance to land this amazing job. Your cheating is the best thing that ever happened to me!"

If Cody Zeller goes to UNC last year to play with his brother like many expected Tom Crean is coaching else where this year. This guy is such a coach its unbelievable when I watch Indiana play I watching him walking up and down the sidelines every possession instead of the game action because the guy is such an attention monger. During the Ohio State-Indiana game last Tuesday in the last minute of the game he literally walked 2 or 3 feet onto the Court yelling at his guys to foul, the referee was standing right next to him and he never called him for a technical. He is doing this stuff because he wants the attention his brothers-in-law got. He could have praised his kids for winning the B1G title instead, he wanted the look at me routine for the rebuilding job he did at Indiana. It shouldn't have taken 4 years for Indiana basketball to return with their recruiting hotbed and history they should have had maybe 1 or 2 NIT years, but the outright horribleness they had in those 2 years. Congrats Crean you got Zeller and saved your job enjoy being a borderline top 25 team next year.

He's spending too much time with his brothers-in-law. Great coaches, but seem like terrible people.

He's spending too much time with his brothers-in-law. Great coaches, but seem like terrible people.

Amen. Trying hard to emulate his brother-in-law Jim. What a jerk.

I think he was saying:

"Thank you and your boss so much for cheating. Without that I never would have gotten the chance to land this amazing job. Your cheating is the best thing that ever happened to me!"

this was exactly my thought. ungrateful sob and just classless. cant stand people who pound their chest when their up, and beat people down when theyre down.

File in this I am truly shocked, Of course he did it after all the attention he got.
Andy Katz@ESPNAndyKatz
Indiana coach Tom Crean in a text said he apologized to Michigan assistant Jeff Meyer for his on-court confrontation.

what tpically happens w dbags like this is they get caught in some sort of scandal themselves.

Stunned to hear all of this hatred for Crean. I've always liked him and admired the job he did at Marquette and now IU.

Wow the smirking that starts around the 13 second mark is simply that of a maniac.

I've lost a ton of respect for him ever since I heard the Patterson story. He took too many commitments, didn't have room so he basically took Pattersons scholarship away then told the press Patterson couldn't cut it academically in the summer. Lucky for us tho we ended up with Patterson and I think he'll be a real nice player for us. Then last year there was a guy Roth who was expecting to come back for his 5th year, was a good program kid who never got in trouble and Crean never sat down with him or anything to tell him he didn't have a scholarship offer for his 5th year. Roth found out while coaching Crean's camp when Crean said let me know if you need me as a reference for any job interviews next year. Between that, the videos of him telling his guys to fake injuries, everytime IU loses they say Player X was sick and make excuses, the recent episode yesterdy, Crean would barely shake hands and blew Matta off in the post game hand shake at IU last week, and his constant attention seeking behavior, I can't stand him. It's funny because IU has the best team they'll have for a long long time, against the weakest field in years and they still haven't been overly dominant and I doubt they win the whole thing this year. Yet when you talk to Crean or IU fans you'd think they were in the midst of a dynasty. I may be mistaken but I think IU gave the players rings for making the sweet 16 last year and then had that whole cutting down the nets ceremony after they lost to Ohio State last week to celebrate their B1G title they only won a share of at that point. "Elite" programs don't do that, I know they have history but the last 20 years they've been mostly irrelevant.

If you respect Tom Crean read up on Mark Adams and Indiana Elite AAU. Check the connections and how many IU players are from that same AAU program.

Also, Kelvin Sampson's violations were impermissable phone calls. Tom Crean blatantly violating the rules to visit Gary Harris while on probation, lying about it, then admitting it after he got busted is just as bad as anything the former staff did. Dude is trash.

Jeff Meyer was the reason why Crean got the Indiana job in the first place...what a spoiled little rotten punk

Stunned to hear all of this hatred for Crean. I've always liked him and admired the job he did at Marquette and now IU.

seriously? Ive always thought he was a slime ball. look at his hair.