Tom Izzo coached like crap today | Syracusefan.com

Tom Izzo coached like crap today

Sparty getting pounded by Brutus.

He must be held accountable. Coach K too. He lost to NC State and gave up a lot of points with a bunch of lottery picks. Unacceptable. I question all of their coaches’ sideline demeanors. And what do they do in practice? What, do they need to recruit 7 star talent to rotate properly? Central Florida only gave up 39 points to Temple and would give Duke all it can handle on a neutral court.

Throw the sarcasm font on that^^^^

Haha those guys are totally not going to make the tournament.

Apparently the only coach who could ever be better than Boeheim is one who never loses a basketball game.

He must be held accountable. Coach K too. He lost to NC State and gave up a lot of points with a bunch of lottery picks. Unacceptable. I question all of their coaches’ sideline demeanors. And what do they do in practice? What, do they need to recruit 7 star talent to rotate properly? Central Florida only gave up 39 points to Temple and would give Duke all it can handle on a neutral court.

At least other teams failures and poor plays helps us in many ways.

I don't care if they lose, I just care that we're losing winnable games.

Haha those guys are totally not going to make the tournament.

Apparently the only coach who could ever be better than Boeheim is one who never loses a basketball game.

Izzo is 1-4 against Boeheim and Coach K has
lost two in a row to him. How?

At least other teams failures and poor plays helps us in many ways.

I don't care if they lose, I just care that we're losing winnable games.

We’re not very good this year. It happens. Not too often for us, but it happens.

Izzo is 1-4 against Boeheim and Coach K has
lost two in a row to him. How?
They’re terrible coaches who have no business leading a team I guess. They LOST a basketball game! How could any supposedly good coach LOSE a game, let alone two(!) in a single season ever? Perfect seasons happen all the time.

When is the administration going to hold Izoo accountable? He stayed in m2m too long. He doesn't know how to make adjustments. He's way passed his prime. The game has passed him by. As for K, it's obvious that K and staff missed on a few of their 7 star recruits. He's not a good motivator either. I also blame the medical staff. And the fans.

Lol, we are a society prone to exageration and knee jerk reactions. Sometimes I wonder if the forum should he shut down for two days after a loss. I should refrain from posting sometimes myself.
This post is not directed at you.

I feel anyone making the kind of money that coaches do, should expect heavy scrutiny. If someone makes a bad decision in the workplace or in a business deal, the repercussions are much worse than being criticized on an internet massage board.

When is the administration going to hold Izoo accountable? He stayed in m2m too long. He doesn't know how to make adjustments. He's way passed his prime. The game has passed him by. As for K, it's obvious that K and staff missed on a few of their 7 star recruits. He's not a good motivator either. I also blame the medical staff. And the fans.

Maybe if Izzo spent less time putting his players in football pads to practice fouling and more time on shooting and dribbling, his team would be able to score more than 64 points! Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

Unfortunately that one loss should never have happened. Total SU collapse in NCAAs.

Collapse by a 4 seed to a one seed in their home state. Tough because we had the lead, but they were a 1 seed(and national champ) for a reason and I remember Morris Peterson - a legit NBA player - catching fire.

I feel anyone making the kind of money that coaches do, should expect heavy scrutiny. If someone makes a bad decision in the workplace or in a business deal, the repercussions are much worse than being criticized on an internet massage board.
agreed.
and ridiculous criticisms deserve ridicule

Lol, Im not saying shut it down for the staff’s sake, but for the posters

What’s the point of this? Sparty has a very solid team and is a true favorite to cut down the nets. Ohio State has pretty decent KenPom numbers all across the board, btw.

They way we are losing games is a concern. We can’t score either. Dropping the last two games with Wake’s leading scorer being out and then the ND debacle just should not happen.

And, more to the point-
(and let's not get into the "why is the roster the way it is?" debate here - that's for another thread - this is just about working with the hand you're dealt in the here and now)

Shouldn't these coaching performances be regarded relatively?
Isn't Tom Izzo, with arguably the most stacked roster in the country and getting shellacked at a good-not-great Ohio St at least as bad as JB, with an iffy roster losing at home by a point to a decent (even w/o the two players) ND? Same could be asked of K/Duke last night w NC St.

Expanded further, to a season - Isn't Calipari, Roy, etc, with the rosters they have and racking up multiple losses and getting a middling tourney seed/bowing out before 2nd wknd at least as bad as barely missing the tourney with a significantly lesser roster?

I just think fans—and nope, not exclusive to SU hoops—tend to lose perspective in a hurry

Good question.

SU lost.
Highly ranked teams also lost.
Ergo,
SU should be highly ranked, I think. QED.

:)
did you read my post (#19) above? That, coupled with the deluge of posts last night/today questioning JB's coaching ability, should answer your question.

And, more to the point-
(and let's not get into the "why is the roster the way it is?" debate here - that's for another thread - this is just about working with the hand you're dealt in the here and now)

Shouldn't these coaching performances be regarded relatively?
Isn't Tom Izzo, with arguably the most stacked roster in the country and getting shellacked at a good-not-great Ohio St at least as bad as JB, with an iffy roster losing at home by a point to a decent (even w/o the two players) ND? Same could be asked of K/Duke last night w NC St.

Expanded further, to a season - Isn't Calipari, Roy, etc, with the rosters they have and racking up multiple losses and getting a middling tourney seed/bowing out before 2nd wknd at least as bad as barely missing the tourney with a significantly lesser roster?

I just think fans—and nope, not exclusive to SU hoops—tend to lose perspective in a hurry

Pretty much. We KNEW we weren’t good this year, lol. Let’s freak out on the coach when we prove to not be good though. Or let’s move the goalposts and blame the coach for the probation years ago because...get the coach!!!

"It's always been hard to win on the road..." Boeheim said. Jan 24, 2017

"It's always been this way and it always will be," says Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim. "Only the top, top teams in the country can win on the road."
The road winning percentage in major men's college basketball is .340 -- meaning the road team wins roughly one out of every three games.

Somewhere on Earth there may be a sport in which this figure is lower. But it isn't the NBA, NHL, American or Australian football, English or Argentine soccer, Major League Baseball, Japanese baseball, Dominican winter baseball, or any of two dozen other sports leagues.

There is nothing tougher in team sports
Hard to believe a team would drop a conference game on the road. Must have been the refs.

JB coached a bad game Saturday. The team played a bad game too. We had no business losing to THAT ND team.

College basketball is wild. Teams win games they shouldn’t. Teams lose games they shouldn't.

All those statements can be true. I believe them to be true too. I couldn’t care less if I’m mocked for believing all of it.