Tom Izzo coached like crap today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tom Izzo coached like crap today

3 out of 4 years missing the tournament. But hey Michigan State lost a game so it's all the same.

Geno Thorpe’s ankle went bad and he has some disease that makes it take forever to heal and Taurean Thompson’s mom is...a little different. Boeheim’s fault though! He recruited them! Should’ve known.

2012: #1 seed
2013: Final Four
2014: 25-0 start
2015: Banned
2016: Final Four
2017: NIT
2018: ???

Some people can't see the forest because they're obsessed with tying Boeheim to a tree.

If we run the hall of fame coach that has been here for 40 years out, we’ll surely get the next Brad Stevens though! I mean, forget what happened to Indiana after Knight left and UNC after Smith left and Arizona after Olsen left and Georgetown after Thompson left...it’s so easy to win every year!

Collapse by a 4 seed to a one seed in their home state. Tough because we had the lead, but they were a 1 seed(and national champ) for a reason and I remember Morris Peterson - a legit NBA player - catching fire.
We were up by 10 at the half....and lost by about 20.. TOTAL COLLAPSE.

Some people can't see the forest because they're obsessed with tying Boeheim to a tree.

Yeah 2013 was the last time we had a good (for Syracuse standards) team. Agreed.

We were up by 10 at the half...and lost by about 20.. TOTAL COLLAPSE.

Maybe. The other guys had something to do with it though. Better team playing near home won.

Yeah 2013 was the last time we had a good (for Syracuse standards) team. Agreed.

Lol, we’ve been to 6 final fours ever. By Syracuse standards, 2014 and 2016 were good years, for different reasons.

How many “good years” have we had?

Is there a banner for 25-0 starts?

It was a good team.

We gotta win 30 and make a deep run to have a good year? Because that’s happened like 5 times in our history.

If we run the hall of fame coach that has been here for 40 years out, we’ll surely get the next Brad Stevens though! I mean, forget what happened to Indiana after Knight left and UNC after Smith left and Arizona after Olsen left and Georgetown after Thompson left...it’s so easy to win every year!

This thread is beyond stupid.
To the OP Jim Boeheim is not God and can be criticized.
If people can’t complain now when can they?
These threads do nothing but cause more flaming.
JB has been outstanding for Syracuse University.

God I hate these threads they are embarrassing.

He must be held accountable. Coach K too. He lost to NC State and gave up a lot of points with a bunch of lottery picks. Unacceptable. I question all of their coaches’ sideline demeanors. And what do they do in practice? What, do they need to recruit 7 star talent to rotate properly? Central Florida only gave up 39 points to Temple and would give Duke all it can handle on a neutral court.

Throw the sarcasm font on that^^^^

Izzo only takes his team to the FF once every three years. And K only has five NCs.

That sort of incompetence would never be tolerated here.

Hard to believe a team would drop a conference game on the road. Must have been the refs.
The most stacked team in the country got blown out of the gym by an unranked team. Must have been the coaching job.

Since 1998 Michigan State hasn’t missed the NCAA tournament one time.
Syracuse has missed it in 2002, 2007, 2008, 2015, 2017.

But yeah let’s start flame wars.

If yesterday was the first terrible game we played then you guys complaining about the complainers would have a point. The performance yesterday has become too standard the past few years.

Since 1998 Michigan State hasn’t missed the NCAA tournament one time.
Syracuse has missed it in 2002, 2007, 2008, 2015, 2017.

But yeah let’s start flame wars.
unreal how tone-deaf/context-blind you and others are right now. just wow

JB coached a bad game Saturday. The team played a bad game too. We had no business losing to THAT ND team.

College basketball is wild. Teams win games they shouldn’t. Teams lose games they shouldn't.

All those statements can be true. I believe them to be true too. I couldn’t care less if I’m mocked for believing all of it.
Whoa! You folks have posters who have sensible things to say here? I don’t know if I can totally grasp how that works. :cool:

Izzo only takes his team to the FF once every three years. And K only has five NCs.

Tom Izzo, 7 Final Fours, 1 National Championship

Dean Smith, 11 Final Fours, 2 National Championships

Phil Woolpert, 3 Final Fours, 2 National Championships

unreal how tone-deaf/context-blind you and others are right now. just wow
Yeah I am tone deaf.
I don’t think JB is God and above criticism.
I am not even talking about this year.
JB let the program slip. He has been outstanding but to think just because Michigan State lost today compares to our situation is just stupid.
Michigan State is going to be a NC contender they can lose games.
Syracuse’s situation is completely different.
People are frustrated with our on court product. It has been bad these 5 years. If we had a better offense we could have cut down the nets in 2013.
Your right that is tone deaf.

Yeah I am tone deaf.
I don’t think JB is God and above criticism.
I am not even talking about this year.
JB let the program slip. He has been outstanding but to think just because Michigan State lost today compares to our situation is just stupid.
Michigan State is going to be a NC contender they can lose games.
Syracuse’s situation is completely different.
People are frustrated with our on court product. It has been bad these 5 years. If we had a better offense we could have cut down the nets in 2013.
Your right that is tone deaf.
...and my previous post stands

My call for the sarcasm font went unheeded! Damnit! We aren’t as good as Duke, oh no!