Tommy Gets Some Respect | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Gets Some Respect

Nassib, Dungey and TD would be a strong run and really establish Syracuse as a QB school. He has everything it takes to be another fine Orange man.

Not to sound greedy but I wish my son could have played in a game called by him , enberg ,
Or musberger the 3 best by far

Did Tommy have a football nickname growing up? Touchdown Tommy is too easy. Tommy the Gun. So many possibilities.

Random comment. The top 26 has 7 QBs (27%) who originally signed with 3 of today's biggest heavyweight programs (Alabama, Clemson, Georgia).

In today's transfer happy world, it's impossible to just keep signing the best one each year and expecting them to wait their turn.

Random comment. The top 26 has 7 QBs (27%) who originally signed with 3 of today's biggest heavyweight programs (Alabama, Clemson, Georgia).

In today's transfer happy world, it's impossible to just keep signing the best one each year and expecting them to wait their turn.
This is partly why I'm not that concerned about QB recruiting.

I think we could become interesting players in the "highly-rated QB" transfer market if we ever need to.

This is partly why I'm not that concerned about QB recruiting.

I think we could become interesting players in the "highly-rated QB" transfer market if we ever need to.

We’d just have to accept that they’d never be able to play right away, even if they had a dying parent living in Hendrick’s Chapel. They’d say it’s too far away to be considered.

So is this one of the rankings that we're not outraged about? Hard to keep up.
C'mon, you know the rules of pre-season rankings:

1. If my team/player is ranked, the poll has some credibility.
2. If my team/player is not ranked, it is not a valid dank by or the writer has an IQ equivalent to a dead eggplant.
3. If my team/player is ranked where I like or better, the writer is a *?!&*8! Genius!

Not that we are like that or anything. :cool:

Isnt there QB (Rutgers) 130 we all know its a fun game here but 130 QB ub football ?

Did you mean Joe Fields?

I thought he was saying that on the list, DeVito was the highest ranked name of first time starters. But I don't think Justin Fields at #8 has ever started a game. He's the new Ron Powlus.

I thought he was saying that on the list, DeVito was the highest ranked name of first time starters. But I don't think Justin Fields at #8 has ever started a game. He's the new Ron Powlus.

I just wanted to bring up joe fields. Lol

I just wanted to bring up joe fields. Lol

I was just getting over that first start. Now I have to start all over trying to not remember it. Thanks pal.

Was just looking at ACC

Got it. I think Tommy is still #2 on that list of first time starters. Which, if you think about where we've been lately, is pretty abcdef'ing insane.

These are good times.

Personally speaking, I can not wait for this season to begin and I especially can not wait to see Tommy DeVito as the starting quarterback for the Syracuse University Orange(men) Team. Very very exciting times are here for Syracuse University Football. Also very excited to see Abdul Adams and Trishton Jackson. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

But the best schools can continue to sign the best qb's every year and let the cream rise to the top while other schools get their castoffs.

Personally speaking, I can not wait for this season to begin and I especially can not wait to see Tommy DeVito as the starting quarterback for the Syracuse University Orange(men) Team. Very very exciting times are here for Syracuse University Football. Also very excited to see Abdul Adams and Trishton Jackson. Go Orange!!!!
A very smart comment

Five players under the radar who could also have a huge impact ...
D. Davis
Richards
Hackett
C. Jackson
Ruff