Tonight is an example of where streaming fails | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tonight is an example of where streaming fails

One on the laptop and one on the main screen. Only way to roll these days.
you seem to think watching 2 things is what is going on.. what if you have 2 games on the new nfl sunday ticket stream and a baseball game on some other app.. even changing between games on streaming the same app is a pain. no pausing/buffering/swapping.. Now maybe someday they fix that but it hasnt happened yet.

and yeah you eventually can have 3-4-5-6-7 tvs in a room, but not every house has the room or wants to go thru that..

at least with cable/sat its pretty easy to do last channel etc. some have multiple tuners to swap. streaming dumbs everything down and t he interfaces are terrible as are most of the remotes.

you seem to think watching 2 things is what is going on.. what if you have 2 games on the new nfl sunday ticket stream and a baseball game on some other app.. even changing between games on streaming the same app is a pain. no pausing/buffering/swapping.. Now maybe someday they fix that but it hasnt happened yet.

and yeah you eventually can have 3-4-5-6-7 tvs in a room, but not every house has the room or wants to go thru that..

at least with cable/sat its pretty easy to do last channel etc. some have multiple tuners to swap. streaming dumbs everything down and t he interfaces are terrible as are most of the remotes.
I know everyone seems to have streaming issues, but I never seem to have an issue at all. I use Roku. I recently got the RedZone through Sling TV and was watching that while watching ESPN+ on my laptop.

I know everyone seems to have streaming issues, but I never seem to have an issue at all. I use Roku. I recently got the RedZone through Sling TV and was watching that while watching ESPN+ on my laptop.

I think a lot of their problems are probably because they don't have enough bandwidth.

I have GigaBit fiber optic from Verizon. I never have a problem. I've got a 55 inch screen in my living room, 43 and 37 in the bedrooms, plus my daughter is usually multi-tasking on her phone & laptop while she has a TV on in the background.

Thought the broadcast was fantastic. The picture on my TV was finally worth the 4k purchase and much better than what the networks put out there.

Boy, most of you guys are tech gurus compared to this old fart. Here in Canada we don't really have all the tools you have down there, at least for what I want to watch. I hate Canadian TV which is why I have Dish Network. I need to watch my Orange basketball and football which is usually carried on ESPN and ACCN (neither available with a Canadian service). One streaming service available up here is "DAZN" which is basically NFL Sunday ticket (as well as a 1000 soccer games). I will watch full games of my Raiders, and also the Bills, but use NFL Red Zone at times when they are not on. For my CFL fix I use my sister-in-law's password to stream the games from the sports networks web sites. I use "NHL Live" service so I can follow my Islanders and Bruins. Both "DAZN" and "NHL Live" are subscription services with apps on my TV.

I put the game that I am least interested in on my laptop and watch the more important one on tv. Problem solved!
Is your laptop as large as your TV? I prefer watching on 2 TV's.

Is your laptop as large as your TV? I prefer watching on 2 TV's.
No it is not. It would be my preference to watch on 2 tvs also. I won't argue with that at all. But I'm in a wheelchair so can't really move a big tv by myself, so I make it work with what I can do.

I think a lot of their problems are probably because they don't have enough bandwidth.

I have GigaBit fiber optic from Verizon. I never have a problem. I've got a 55 inch screen in my living room, 43 and 37 in the bedrooms, plus my daughter is usually multi-tasking on her phone & laptop while she has a TV on in the background.
Agreed.

We recently upgraded to AT&T fiber, maxed out at 300Mbps. Although things were Ok before, the occasional buffering issues are now a thing of the past.

No it is not. It would be my preference to watch on 2 tvs also. I won't argue with that at all. But I'm in a wheelchair so can't really move a big tv by myself, so I make it work with what I can do.
Truly sorry about my comment. If I had known about your situation I certainly would not have made it.

Truly sorry about my comment. If I had known about your situation I certainly would not have made it.
No offense taken at all. Didn’t think twice about it. We’re fine

We have a side by side TV set up in our basement so we can have 2 games on at a time. One TV is hard wired to the box and the other is wireless to the box. For NFL, usually one game on one TV and Red Zone on the other. Great for NCAA basketball as well. Streaming is no problem.

if you have over 100mb you have a hard time using enough to be an issue no matter what you stream. even my 500/500 amazon said i didnt have enough..