Tonight is probably one of the best games I've ever seen | Syracusefan.com

Tonight is probably one of the best games I've ever seen

Wow. What a heavyweight battle between two teams who refused to lose.

Our players really have poise / mental fortitude.

Fact.

2006 Big East Tourney is still my favorite games, but I think it was nice to finally see a great game coincide with our great crowd for the year.

Terrific competition level on both sides. Honestly, this game felt lost to me about 3 times.

Same here...although i wasnt physically nervous because Ive been drinking(lol), there were a couple of points where i said "this is going to be tough to win now" in my head. Hats off to the entire team, staff, and anyone else involved. AMAZING.

I haven't seen a Syracuse game played at that level in years.

And I didn't think Duke could play better than they did against Pitt. But they did.

Incredible game.

Same here...although i wasnt physically nervous because Ive been drinking(lol), there were a couple of points where i said "this is going to be tough to win now" in my head. Hats off to the entire team, staff, and anyone else involved. AMAZING.
This team does not itself when things get bleak. Good trait to have.

What?

I haven't seen a Syracuse game played at that level in years.

And I didn't think Duke could play better than they did against Pitt. But they did.

Incredible game.

That was not probably the best game I've ever seen. IT IS THE BEST EFFIN GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN! The crowd never flagged. Not once! 35,466 people were devoted to that game. Duke did not give up. SU did not give up. And the crowd did not give up. I am exhausted. And I am soon going to watch the game on my dvr because I do not BELIEVE what I just saw!

OttoMets said:
What what?

What what what?

Wow. What a heavyweight battle between two teams who refused to lose.

Our players really have poise / mental fortitude.

I can't remember seeing a team that unphased by the zone. Hate K or Love him, he's a phenomenal offensive coach. The rematch will be interesting to see if the zone tightens or if Duke can do anything to limit the ungodly number of hoops we got at the rim in the halfcourt.

I can't remember seeing a team that unphased by the zone. Hate K or Love him, he's a phenomenal offensive coach. The rematch will be interesting to see if the zone tightens or if Duke can do anything to limit the ungodly number of hoops we got at the rim in the halfcourt.

That's what was so cool. Maybe I'll see something else when I rewatch this (and I'm so wired that I'm about to do just that), but our defense looked pretty good. Duke just happened to be very well-coached. And they executed really well. Even Pitino hasn't done it that successfully. They were just getting the zone distorted on crisp passing and dribble penetration and then finding a shooter who had his feet set and was able to release very quickly.

Repeatedly.

That was excellent basketball by both teams.

That's what was so cool. Maybe I'll see something else when I rewatch this (and I'm so wired that I'm about to do just that), but our defense looked pretty good. Duke just happened to be very well-coached. And they executed really well. Even Pitino hasn't done it that successfully. They were just getting the zone distorted on crisp passing and dribble penetration and then finding a shooter who had his feet set and was able to release very quickly.

Repeatedly.

That was excellent basketball by both teams.

They seem to know where each other is at all times. I think a lot of teams get the ball in bad spots and then end up getting stuck. Duke had some rough moments but always seemed to make a good pass or two to still end up with a good look. Those three Thorton 3s were huge in terms of not getting run out of the building late in the second. And I'm re-watching the game as we speak, so don't feel bad.

Outstanding game by both teams. No one quit until the final whistle. It's amazing that a game that was as hyped as this one actually lived up to the hype and more.

But, as the most important person in a Roman triumphal parade used to say, "Memento mori." - "Remember you are mortal."

30 years of going to games at the dome best game I've been to by far. Even better than Georgetown overtime in 1990. That was like an all-time classic heavyweight fight

K is the best in the business.

But bigger picture, having a great game plan is one thing--what was impressive to me was the execution. The way they shot...

I was at the Wisconsin NCAA tournament game two years ago, and was amazed that we let them hit 14 three pointers and yet they still lost. Similarly now, I am just shocked that we gave up 15 threes tonight and still hung on. Just amazing.

Two teams playing like champions.

Big time win.

big crowd. 1st conference showdown. syracuse undefeated and going for a record . great hoops recipe.

RF2044 said:
Wow. What a heavyweight battle between two teams who refused to lose. Our players really have poise / mental fortitude.

I have never had more respect for Duke then after this game. Well played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom