Tony Bennett to UCLA? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tony Bennett to UCLA?

We're hearing the same rumors as everyone else.

We also heard a lot of rumors (getting to this year) that he was leaving for Wisconsin. Oh, wait a minute it's the NBA. Oh, wait a minute, it's ...

That just means he's happy/secure enough to be selective.

Howland made some lucky runs in the Tourney, they were smart to get rid of him.
What a clown statement.
UCLA had Kevin Love, the Holiday brothers, Russell Westbrook they weren’t lucky.
They lost 2 times to Florida in the Final Four when Florida won back to back NCs.
UCLA is the only school the last 20 years to get to 3 straight Final Fours.

I did get a chuckle, however, in regards to Jerome and the NBA. My goodness, he's a solid college player no doubt, but that's 100% due to the Bennett/UVA system. Jerome is not that athletic and his jumper is more of a set shot type, hardly any elevation at all. Good luck with that in the NBA.
I am not sure I see it myself. However, Jerome did attend the Chris Paul camp for guards last summer and reportedly impressed the NBA people there. And his name keeps popping up on draft lists. Nothing better than late second round, though. I imagine he'll attend the combine this spring, if invited, and if he's told he is a first round prospect (unlikely, IMO) he'll leave. I don't see it happening, but I've been very wrong before.

Last edited:
What a clown statement.
UCLA had Kevin Love, the Holiday brothers, Russell Westbrook they weren’t lucky.
They lost 2 times to Florida in the Final Four when Florida won back to back NCs.
You cannot get this humor anywhere else.

What a clown statement.
It was meant as parody for Orange fans who say the same about Boeheim.

This. Charlottesville is so much nicer than LA.
My daughter is a 4th year at UVA. When she decided to attend i literally had no idea what to expect. From my first visit to the approx 8 since she’s been there i went from not knowing a thing to literally loving the place and think it one of the best cities in America. The campus is amazing. The corner compared to Marshall street—- no commment and i love SYRACUSE. Forgetting the school and corner —-the restaurants , bars , music scene ,wineries, Orchards , golf courses are incredible.

On top of it the people are great mostly liberal socially and great. “The neo Natzi thing” had zero to do with majority of the residents of Charlottesville. I am Jewish and my daughter has never had one issue including being elected president of her sorority ... If you have not been do yourself a favor and visit before you come up with ridiculous stereotypes. As for Bennett leaving for UCLA i certainly don’t see it heard same thing about Wisconsin a few years ago ... i am fairly confidedent that UVA might end up being the next duke when we look back in 15 years from now.

Last edited:
My daughter is a 4th year at UVA. When she decided to attend i literally had no idea what to expect. From my first visit to the approx 8 since she’s been there i went from not knowing a thing to literally loving the place and think it one of the best cities in America. The campus is amazing. The corner compared to Marshall street—- no commment and i love SYRACUSE. Forgetting the school and corner —-the restaurants , bars , music scene ,wineries, orchids , golf courses are incredible.

On top of it the people are great mostly liberal socially and great. “The neo Natzi thing” had zero to do with majority of the residents of Charlottesville. I am Jewish and my daughter has never had one issue including being elected president of her sorority ... If you have not been do yourself a favor and visit before you come up with ridiculous stereotypes. As for Bennett leaving for UCLA i certainly don’t see it heard same thing about Wisconsin a few years ago ... i am fairly confidedent that UVA might end up being the next duke when we look back in 15 years from now.
Agreed on the orchids!

And there are some very nice facilities there, too!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1550414908781.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550414908781.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 23
hosts on the ucla radio station speculated the top 3 targets would be
bennett
mussellman
wojciechowski
and their preference, fwiw, was musselman

hosts on the ucla radio station speculated the top 3 targets would be
bennett
mussellman
wojciechowski
and their preference, fwiw, was musselman
That's why we don't think he'll leave on our board. Yes he wins, but it's not the kind of basketball UCLA fans want to watch. That goes double since the fired Howland who played in a kinda similar fashion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom