Top 10 Frontcourts in the Country | Syracusefan.com

Top 10 Frontcourts in the Country

Didn't they do a best front court list in the preseason and we were like #3 on it? If what I recall is true how has our front court gotten so much worse that it dropped from the top 10 completely?

Is Baylor on there? If so then that list loses all credibility

Didn't they do a best front court list in the preseason and we were like #3 on it? If what I recall is true how has our front court gotten so much worse that it dropped from the top 10 completely?
Could be the pre-season list was compiled by someone other than Miles Simon.

What teams have centers you would trade with? I see only a few...
People take articles like this way too personally. Outside of Grant and CJ no one in our front court is consistent or a legitimate threat. We have no proven depth and Coleman/Rak/BMK simply haven't done too much this year. And that's a fact. I'm not going to go through team by team but there are a lot of centers we could use.

Could be the pre-season list was compiled by someone other than Miles Simon.
That makes sense, I guess I was expecting to much from ESPN for there ranking to be at least some what related.

Starting back court is top 10 worthy but our front court is maybe top 25 worthy.

What we may be is the #1 most balanced and deepest team in the country.

Oh sweet baby Hayseuss.....don't start that again. You mean our team that goes 3 deep on the bench..... I know, I know.... our second five could run with just about any team in the country.

Miles Simon is a douche. Any front court that sports the pre-season ACC POY, returns all it's players from a Final Four team, that sweep through Maui like a freight train, outplays a very talented freshman like Noah Vonleh, AND is on the #2 ranked team in the country clearly belongs in the Top 10.

Miles is not qualified to do a Top 10 list, unless it's one that covers ignorant, ill informed, second rate analysts like himself.

What we may be is the #1 most balanced and deepest team in the country.

I think we are top 5 in terms of balance (Fair, TE, TC, and JG), but I'm not sure we are Top 5 in terms of depth.

Cheers,
Neil

Oh sweet baby Hayseuss.....don't start that again. You mean our team that goes 3 deep on the bench..... I know, I know.... our second five could run with just about any team in the country.

Well, the grass is always greener...

However, name a deeper team. Arguably Kentucky with their backlog of dubiously high-ranked recruits stranded from last year's debacle, but so far they have been a fustercluck.

But we are balanced. A consensus top 5 team (or better) with potentially no high (say, top 10) lottery picks at this point.

Having seen who Simon has put in the Top 10 frontcourts, it's a joke that he doesn't include Syracuse. Louisville and Duke definitely don't belong on the list over SU at this point in time.

Cheers,
Neil

For the record, the acknowledged best frontcourt team in the country, #1 Arizona, plays 4 guys in the frontcourt. Their total numbers are 44.1 ppg, shooting at a 54% clip, 25 rpg, and 3.92 bpg.

Our five 43.2, 53%, 21.8, and 4.0. I think it would be very hard to find 9 other teams that top those numbers against a good schedule. But somehow Simon has managed to, at least in his own head.

Cheers,
Neil

Our frontcourt is better than the sum of its parts. With four guys who can all block shots, it's the combination of those guys that makes our zone run because there's always someone coming from off the ball who can block a shot.

Well he's going to feel pretty stupid when Cuse is back in the FF and Rak has a big game to along with 20 points each from CJ and Grant.

think about how hard it is to rank and analyze every relevant front court in the country, subjectively

its not like these people are fans of cuse, so cuse is in the same boat as all the other teams

imagine if you had to do it - how many other front courts do you know in and out like ours ?

if anything its a good thing, we are under the radar and such other coaches and players will think they same if they read the article, which they wont - but who knows some coaches have to get their intel from insider haha, maybe cal

think about how hard it is to rank and analyze every relevant front court in the country, subjectively

its not like these people are fans of cuse, so cuse is in the same boat as all the other teams

imagine if you had to do it - how many other front courts do you know in and out like ours ?

if anything its a good thing, we are under the radar and such other coaches and players will think they same if they read the article, which they wont - but who knows some coaches have to get their intel from insider haha, maybe cal

Really you only have to look at about 20 Big Boy teams plus 3-4 of the best midmajors...the power elite have the depth and breadth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom