Top 4 seeds in each region | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top 4 seeds in each region

1 - Indiana, Louisville, Gonzaga, Kansas
2 - Duke, Miami, Georgetown, Ohio St / UNM
3 - Ohio St / UNM, Michigan State, Michigan / Wisconsin, ???
4 - Michigan / Wisconsin, ???, ???, ???

??? = Florida, Syracuse, St Louis, Kansas St

Duke will not get a 1 seed or be seeded higher than Miami. The committee would never do that with Miami winning the regular season AND conference tournament. Georgetown is a 2 for sure. UNC will not be a 4.

Very confident aren't you. Get ready to have the Committee make you feel foolish.

Duke will not get a 1 seed or be seeded higher than Miami. The committee would never do that with Miami winning the regular season AND conference tournament. Georgetown is a 2 for sure. UNC will not be a 4.

all I ever heard was holistic view. Duke's OOC was 100x better than Miami. What about Kelly?

I agree RPI overrates UNM. BUT, they would be a #1 seed candidate based on a blind resume. So a 2 seed is already discounting for flaw.

Question is how much to discount?

MWC is overranked by RPI, but very solid. Use KenPom which is not influenced by circular factor - top 4 opponents are ranked 24,28,34,49 and it is 50% of your schedule. Win both titles in such a conference, and you deserve to be a 3.

Yeah you'd certainly have to be blind to say UNM's resume warranted a 1 seed. Smh

No order or S curve and based on teams playing today winning games

1 seeds

Lousville
Indiana
Gonzaga
Kansas

2 seeds

Duke
Miami
Georgetown
Ohio State (if they win today if not New Mexico)

3 seeds

New Mexico (I still think they could get a 2 over OSU if OSU loses today)
Michigan State
Florida
Michigan

4 seeds

Kansas State
Syracuse
St Louis (if they win today, if not Arizona/Marquette)
Wisconsin (if they win today, if not Arizona/Marquette)
Will you be doing a chat to help us all fill out our brackets? :)

1 seeds

Lousville
Indiana
Gonzaga
Kansas

2 seeds

Duke
Miami
Georgetown

3 seeds

Michigan State
Florida
Michigan

4 seeds

Kansas State
Syracuse
Agree with you. But it will be interesting to see though if the committee gives Miami the 4th #1 over Gonzaga who they move to the #2 line in the West. No ACC team has ever not received a #1 when winning the regular season and tournament. I know the Zags have only 2 losses and good stats but who have they beaten...not much. I think this decision comes down to internal politics on the committee so who knows.

Will you be doing a chat to help us all fill out our brackets? :)

I am the last person you want to help with that. I may just give mine to my 10 year old daughter seeing she beat me last year and knows next to nothing about college hoops.

These are human beings not robots. Not that simple.

Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Wont be the last time. I just think based on what I have watched, read and studied that this is the way they are leaning.

1 - LVille, IU, KU, Miami
2 - Zags, Duke, OSU, UNM
3 - MSU, Gtown, Cuse, Florida
4 - SLU, Wisconsin, Marquette, UM
5 - Zona, Memphis, KSU, UNC

???

You're saying that if we looked at UNM's accomplishments without knowing it was them that it would warrant a 1 seed. That's a joke. The top teams in B1G played more tough games in two weeks than UNM did all year.

Agree with you. But it will be interesting to see though if the committee gives Miami the 4th #1 over Gonzaga who they move to the #2 line in the West. No ACC team has ever not received a #1 when winning the regular season and tournament. I know the Zags have only 2 losses and good stats but who have they beaten...not much. I think this decision comes down to internal politics on the committee so who knows.

Counter is

Gonzaga - 14-0 vs teams ranked between 50-200
Miami - 16-4 vs teams ranked between 50-200

A factoid is not part of resume.

Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Wont be the last time. I just think based on what I have watched, read and studied that this is the way they are leaning.

I have no idea how they are leaning. Not sure how anybody would know.

I agree with all three. Duke can not be a 1seed. UNC does not have any great wins. I know they have been getting the hype lately with the small lineup up but they are likely a 6 seed.

You're saying that if we looked at UNM's accomplishments without knowing it was them that it would warrant a 1 seed. That's a joke. The top teams in B1G played more tough games in two weeks than UNM did all year.

I said it would be a #1 candidate based on a blind resume. Its blind resume:

#2 RPI
#2 SOS
4-2 vs top 25
10-4 vs top 50
19-5 vs top 100
No bad losses

Blind resume numbers in itself look like a #1 seed.

Of course you dig deeper... like I did in the rest of my post to say why it is not a 1. Apparently you decided to totally ignore it.

BPO accomplishments:
- Lacks knowledge on topic
- Claim somebody said something they did not.
- Insullt and confront these people

#2 RPI
#2 SOS
4-2 vs top 25
10-4 vs top 50
19-5 vs top 100
No bad losses

Of course you dig deeper... like I did in the rest of my post to say why it is not a 1. Apparently you decided to totally ignore it.

BPO accomplishments:

Suggesting UNM as a #1 seed is just plain stupid. Similar to yesterdays posters who were saying that SU would be a 2 seed if they won the BE.

INDIANAPOLIS
1. Indiana (#1 Overall Seed)
2. Georgetown
3. St. Louis
4. Kansas St

WAS

1. Louisville
2. Ohio State
3. New Mexico
4. Florida

TEXAS
1. Kansas
2. Duke
3. Michigan
4. Syracuse

L.A
1. Gonzaga
2. Miami
3. Michigan St
4. Wisconsin

Prediction on Bubble - Followin Matrix

If any deviations it could be Cal or Middle Tennesse St out, Tennessee in

Lets see your seeds. I can see K State over UNC. Be surprised if UNC is a 7
Oops, I overrated them :). A little surprised they got an 8, but not really. They did nothing all season.

#2 RPI
#2 SOS
4-2 vs top 25
10-4 vs top 50
19-5 vs top 100
No bad losses

BPO accomplishments:

When you said blind resume I assumed you meant where one is provided a full schedule of results, rpi #s etc. yet we just don't know whose resume we are looking at. Under such a scenario then I don't think UNM would be seriously considered for a #1 seed. Just don't think there schedule was that tough. I know everyone uses the rpi #s, myself included, but it's easy to point out numerous anomolies (sp?) with that index that are completely nonsensical.

My totally blind comment was a wise ass remark not meant to come off as harshly as it did. Sorry about that.

It is ironic though that in rightfully pointing out my insult that you fired one back, no?

When you said blind resume I assumed you meant where one is provided a full schedule of results, rpi #s etc. yet we just don't know whose resume we are looking at. Under such a scenario then I don't think UNM would be seriously considered for a #1 seed. Just don't think there schedule was that tough. I know everyone uses the rpi #s, myself included, but it's easy to point out numerous anomolies (sp?) with that index that are completely nonsensical.

My totally blind comment was a wise ass remark not meant to come off as harshly as it did. Sorry about that.

It is ironic though that in rightfully pointing out my insult that you fired one back, no?
hey bpo you were right, I thought the 3 wins would be enough for a 3 seed

1 seeds

Lousville
Indiana
Gonzaga
Kansas

2 seeds

Duke
Miami
Georgetown

3 seeds

Michigan State
Florida
Michigan

4 seeds

Kansas State
Syracuse

Nice job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom