Top 5 Dunks In Syracuse History | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top 5 Dunks In Syracuse History

Craig Forth @ G'Town 2003!

That highlight cracks me up because Forth is by all accounts a really nice guy but man he looks angry after the fact.

my favorite were the 2 alley oops to forth vs providence. It was his senior game and for the 1st time in his career the crowd was going absolutely nuts for him. It was awesome.

ummm - Fab Melo 360 dunk??????? what kind of nonsensical list is this ;)

Carmelo's dunk vs Memphis at the Garden in his first game.

Not sure if it was his actual first 2 points in Orange, and the dunk was pretty normal, but it announced his presence in college basketball on national tv on a big stage. And it was a foreshadowing of great things to come.

Just some that popped up in my head:

Warrick teabag
Warrick from the block at ND
Melo coast to coast
AO coast to coast
KO coast to coast
Paul Harris doopty-do vs Buttgers
CJ vs Cornell
CJ alley oop reverse
KJ in the 09-10 season at SH basically from the foul line

I don't know that it was that "important," but the KO dunk against Louisville was quite memorable.

Just some that popped up in my head:

Warrick teabag
Warrick from the block at ND
Melo coast to coast
AO coast to coast
KO coast to coast
Paul Harris doopty-do vs Buttgers
CJ vs Cornell
CJ alley oop reverse
KJ in the 09-10 season at SH basically from the foul line

Aw man, I love that one. Brings a smile to my face every time.

YOU CAN'T SEE ME!!

am i wrong or is conrad mcrae the only orangeman ever to compete in the ncaa dunkoff ?
as to the voting hak from the block ND is the best dunk i remember. made ya say WHATTTT???

Warrick @ Miami. The reaction of a couple of guys on the Miami bench is priceless. Like they got shocked/jolted by it.

David Johnson vs Duke off the opening tip

Ellis to Coleman to Owens to Johnson

Two years ago in an early season game at the Dome (perhaps against Colgate) at the hoop on the visitor end (so first half) :

Andy Rautins threw an alley oop that was very high and far to the left of the board. It looked like someone in the stands would catch it. Then Wesley Johnson came flying in, cupped his hand over the ball, swept it for perhaps six feet down and toward the hoop for a slam. It still seems impossible.

This isn't the one you were talking about but...

Listen to the crowd reaction in that duke game...,sounds half orange to me.

I would vote my number one as HW's flatfooted dunk. He was so far out its
ridiculous that he even thought of dunking that.

I do think MCW's dunk belongs in there because of the unexpectedness of it
from a seldom used point guard and because it was a very sick coast to
coast dunk as well. He cupped it and brought it back all at the height of the top of the box with a defender draped all over him.

Nice job by OP. can't wait for next season!!

Here is a good question to you and the thread...How many hellacious dunks do you remember from other teams or the NBA?? 3 come to mind for me:
1. Julius Erving in the ABA vs NBA all-Star exhibition in the early 70's. It was the first time a lot of the country had seen Dr. J and his perfomance was jaw-dropping, did-you-just-see-that??? theatre.
2. Clyde Drexler in 1982 at the Dome. From the vantage point of looking at the curtain, he came swooping down the right sideline and looked like he took off from half-court and jack-hammered it in.
3. Len Bias , Maryland vs UNC 1985. He came down with a rebound and gathered himself as 3 NC players engulfed him. Bias exploded to the rim and he looked like the Incredible Hulk going towards the rim as the defenders went flying. That reminds me, after I post this I have to look to see if this is on you tube.
#2 was the best dunk I ever saw. Absolutely silenced the dome. Close second was Dr.J over Walton in the NBA finals.

Listen to the crowd reaction in that duke game...,sounds half orange to me.
That was in Greensboro to boot!

Hope we get that support when we play in the ACC tournament down there.

How many ACC arenas do you think we can take over?

MCW's dunk was a point guard vs a st Johns big. thats pretty good in my book. You don't see that to often.

Had Warrick thrown down that dunk against Okafor at Uconn in 2003-2004 it would have been Massive. Could have swung the momentum of the game. It looked to me like he actually outjumped Okafor but just hit the backrim.

That two-handed reverse dunk came in the waning seconds of overtime, as SU closed out the hated Hoyas. It was a bit surprising--Sherman could and did dunk quite often on fast breaks, but they were always of the one-handed variety. Seeing him elevate and throw it down two handed was a surprise.

But it wasn't a "meaningful" dunk.

Wasn't meaningful? How dare you. We hadn't beaten Gtown in 4 years. It was at the height of the greatest era of Cuse hoops. Sherman rarely dunked. He closed out his career and the Hoyas by reverse cramming the last bucket. I promise you, you have never seen, and never will see, the Dome in more of a frenzy. The place went ape . People were running in the aisles, hugging. I was 15. It's one of the greatest sports moments of my life.

That dunk was beyond meaningful.