Top 5 Science Fiction movies | Syracusefan.com

Top 5 Science Fiction movies

victor

All Conference
My top 5 science fiction movies in no particular order

Alien
Aliens
Invasion of the body snatchers (original)
War of the worlds (original)
Independence day

If Predator could be labeled as science fiction I would have to make room for it. I had a hard time leaving out the first Terminator movie. Needless to say I am a big fan of the Governator.

My top 5 science fiction movies in no particular order

Alien
Aliens
Invasion of the body snatchers (original)
War of the worlds (original)
Independence day

If Predator could be labeled as science fiction I would have to make room for it. I had a hard time leaving out the first Terminator movie. Needless to say I am a big fan of the Governator.
Star Wars?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Star Wars?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
Loved the original Star Wars series. Not the latest versions. I put together the list fast. Also left off the Thing both the original in black and white and the remake with Kurt Russell which I also liked very much.

Starship Troopers.

Blade Runner.

Seen Starship Troopers probably four times. Another campy movie I like is Mars Attacks which I think is a hoot featuring Jack Nicholson and the greatest football player of all time Mr. Jim Brown.

Yes it is. No matter what is labeled is still a kick ass movie featuring some of the baddest dudes on the planet: Arnie, Carl Weathers, Jessie Ventura, and Kevin Peter Hall.

Haha, I posted that without reading the rest of your post where you mention it. Great flick.

predator is one of the most badass movies of all time!!!!!

Liked the second predator movie with Danny Glover, but despised the rest. Funny thing about Arnold, critics say he can't act but most of his movies are kick ass.

off the top of my head,
blade runner
alien
the day the earth stood still (1951)
space odyssey
flash or flesh gordon

off the top of my head,
blade runner
alien
the day the earth stood still (1951)
space odyssey
flash or flesh gordon
Like the day the earth stood still. Like lots of black and white science fiction movies.

i'll also give a shout out to 2 of my favorite b/w growing up. one was a shrinking man (chased by a cat) and one was the colossal man (glenn)
one dude shrank after a nuclear cloud event and the other grew. both with rather unfortunate results. loved monster movie matinee.

Alien/Aliens
District 9
Predator
12 Monkeys
Children of Men

Just missing the list are the recent "Oblivion" and the Korean import "The Host".

According to my 19 month old though, it's Monsters vs Aliens or "Susan" as he refers to it.

Forbidden Planet
The Day the Earth Stood Still (Gort . . . Klaatu Barada Nikto)
Alien
The Matrix
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Invaders From Mars (1953) **scared the crap out of me when I was a kid

Last edited:
Blade Runner

Star Wars

The Fifth Element

Dune

The Martian Chronicles

The fifth element is phenominal, forgot about that movie. Dune, not as much but that does remind me of Stargate.

The fifth element is phenominal, forgot about that movie. Dune, not as much but that does remind me of Stargate.

Dune was way before Stargate. Now, Stargate is cool too, but Dune is phenomenal. It has all the elements of greatness.