Top 50 college coaches... | Syracusefan.com

Top 50 college coaches...

I can't even tell you the sleepless nights I've had wondering why we can't get Rocky Long or Kevin Sumlin as our head coach. hahahahaha!!

quantified.

Marrone does not make the list. I guess they must not include "ability to charm alums at lunch events" as one of the metrics.

http://coachesbythenumbers.com/coach-rankings/

Bogus. Too much credit given to longevity. Don't change any settings but sort on BE only and look at Schiano and Marrone. Marrone is better in every criteria except 1.5 ppg with Marrone being better in the other 6 criteria. But Schiano crushes him in years experience and is 2nd overall while Marrone is 6th.

Yes, Jones is 1st with only 2 years experience but he crushes Schiano in every category.

quantified.

Marrone does not make the list. I guess they must not include "ability to charm alums at lunch events" as one of the metrics.

http://coachesbythenumbers.com/coach-rankings/[/quote]

[/quote]

What a terrible post. You said in another post that you'd give Marrone next year, and if recruiting goes well, a year after that; yet you put something like that up. Sure seems like you're hoping for him to fail. To me, I don't consider that being a real fan of the program. Any program would be better off without fans like you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

That list is a joke and includes a guy who was fired mid season. Not to mention it has Mack Brown at #2. That is all you really need to know.

I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.[/quote]

lmao

first off...it measures avg def and off scoring which outweighs strength of schedule 2 to 1, so that explains why a bunch of non-bcs coaches are in there (it pads their win pct. ex: boise) . secondly, what does turnover margin have to say about a coach? it isn't like he fumbled the ball or threw the pick...so maybe two, most likely one of these statistics warrants any care for the discussion in this rating system (penalties measures amount of discipline the coach has instilled)...this ranking system is garbage. bob stoops and mack brown are one and two; that should be telling enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom