Top player chooses New Zealand over one and done in college | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top player chooses New Zealand over one and done in college

Look where civilized society is

It's soda. S O D A

Not pop and sure as not coke

In Ontario we most often call it a Soft Drink. Pop is used from time to time. Soda is said very rarely.

Last edited:
In Ontario we most often call it a Soft Drink. Pop is used from time to time. Soda is said very rarely.
I"m from Massachusetts and I've definitely heard Soft Drink. Forgot about that one.

If this is the form on his jumpshot he's not going to do well in New Zealand, or anywhere (what a strange pic to choose as the lead to the OP's article):

If this is the form on his jumpshot he's not going to do well in New Zealand, or anywhere (what a strange pic to choose as the lead to the OP's article):

View attachment 164323

Based on where he is on the court, that is a layup or possibly a floater but definitely not a jumper.

My Dad is 67 and from the north country (Ogdensburg) and he says soft drink, so I'm not sure if it's a geographical and/or age thing.

He
I could adapt. I was able to adapt to the psychotic things Rochestarians say, like calling soda, “pop”
Hey now! Pop came from "soda pop" ... so it's not that strange. lol. Plus .. Brooklynites pronounce "r's" like "ah's" ... like my son when he was FOUR!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom