Class of 2025 - Top Prospects NYS Class of 2025 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 Top Prospects NYS Class of 2025

I updated the sheet for this a couple of hours ago. Also bumped him up a few spots given how his offer sheet has improved.
How come the lax player/Qb moved all the way into the top 10?

How come the lax player/Qb moved all the way into the top 10?
He was the best football player in the state last season. Had a remarkable season, broke a bunch of all time Long Island records for quarterbacks.

But I think I have to take offers into account on this and until he got the Syracuse offer, he didn’t have any P5 offers. Has Penn State, Nebraska, Rutgers and many others after him as well.

His college career is going to be very interesting to watch.

He was the best football player in the state last season. Had a remarkable season, broke a bunch of all time Long Island records for quarterbacks.

But I think I have to take offers into account on this and until he got the Syracuse offer, he didn’t have any P5 offers. Has Penn State, Nebraska, Rutgers and many others after him as well.

His college career is going to be very interesting to watch.
I think it already is. The choice to play lax, when he has such a promising history in FB, is curious. Playing QB, (if he can) is likely to be far more lucrative.
Do you think he took the lax offer to secure a P5 scholarship, but would jump to a FB commitment as a player if he projects as an eventual starter somewhere?
Playing both lax and QB, and actually competing at QB, seems to me to be exceedingly difficult.

I think it already is. The choice to play lax, when he has such a promising history in FB, is curious. Playing QB, (if he can) is likely to be far more lucrative.
Do you think he took the lax offer to secure a P5 scholarship, but would jump to a FB commitment as a player if he projects as an eventual starter somewhere?
Playing both lax and QB, and actually competing at QB, seems to me to be exceedingly difficult.
My guess is that if he wins the starting QB position at Syracuse, has a great career here playing QB and if the NFL projects him to be a high draft choice, he might decide to concentrate on football full time late in his college career.

How likely is that? I would say not very likely.

I am not a lax maven but I am pretty sure he will be a starter at lacrosse from day one. Appears to be destined to be an AA in that sport. Just needs to get a bit stronger. Getting exposed to the weight lifting and nutrition programs at Syracuse will take care of that.

Not playing football in the spring is going to make it hard for him to break into the starting lineup in football. I think his position is also going to be a big problem to overcome. You really need to know the playbook, your second and third options, your reads, the formations, etc. if you are the quarterback. It looks like we are going to run a full fledged NFL offense, though I am pretty sure it will also include options and RPOs we probably won't see in year one but would with a QB who can run the ball like Joe can. Believe this is what Jeff ran at Baylor.

That said, if he was on our football team one of the past 10 or so seasons (not sure exactly how many years it has been), when our starting QB went down, he would have had a great chance of becoming the starter. If he gets on the field and has a chance to show what he can do, all bets are off. He is a freak athlete.

But we haven't had decent depth at QB for a long time. Early indications are that this is going to change with the new staff. It might be a lot harder for a QB with a ton of raw talent and not a lot of experience to get on the field the next few years. I suspect we are going to be bringing in a top quality QB or two every year from HS and also bringing in a QB from the portal if need be.

I am excited the staffs for both sports are willing to let him give this a try. It would be great if he becomes an AA in one sport in college. If he can be a big lax star and also start for the football team at QB?

Probably not. But I would not put it past Joe. Watch his film. He is something special.

My guess is that if he wins the starting QB position at Syracuse, has a great career here playing QB and if the NFL projects him to be a high draft choice, he might decide to concentrate on football full time late in his college career.

How likely is that? I would say not very likely.

I am not a lax maven but I am pretty sure he will be a starter at lacrosse from day one. Appears to be destined to be an AA in that sport. Just needs to get a bit stronger. Getting exposed to the weight lifting and nutrition programs at Syracuse will take care of that.

Not playing football in the spring is going to make it hard for him to break into the starting lineup in football. I think his position is also going to be a big problem to overcome. You really need to know the playbook, your second and third options, your reads, the formations, etc. if you are the quarterback. It looks like we are going to run a full fledged NFL offense, though I am pretty sure it will also include options and RPOs we probably won't see in year one but would with a QB who can run the ball like Joe can. Believe this is what Jeff ran at Baylor.

That said, if he was on our football team one of the past 10 or so seasons (not sure exactly how many years it has been), when our starting QB went down, he would have had a great chance of becoming the starter. If he gets on the field and has a chance to show what he can do, all bets are off. He is a freak athlete.

But we haven't had decent depth at QB for a long time. Early indications are that this is going to change with the new staff. It might be a lot harder for a QB with a ton of raw talent and not a lot of experience to get on the field the next few years. I suspect we are going to be bringing in a top quality QB or two every year from HS and also bringing in a QB from the portal if need be.

I am excited the staffs for both sports are willing to let him give this a try. It would be great if he becomes an AA in one sport in college. If he can be a big lax star and also start for the football team at QB?

Probably not. But I would not put it past Joe. Watch his film. He is something special.
Will be very interesting to watch where he lands on the QB depth chart in comparison to Carney

Rutgers recently received a verbal from Miron Gurman, a 2025 Spencerport DL according to 247. Really surprised I hadn't heard of this local athlete. Seems we have stocked our DL and he may be down our list.

Rutgers recently received a verbal from Miron Gurman, a 2025 Spencerport DL according to 247. Really surprised I hadn't heard of this local athlete. Seems we have stocked our DL and he may be down our list.
I don’t believe he made any all state team last season but he was second team all greater Rochester. I frankly haven’t heard of him. Will try and look at his film, if he has any.

Without seeing any film, I am kind of surprised RU would take a kid like this so early in the recruiting cycle but I think they are looking for relatively big and strong space eaters on the DL and don’t care that much about athletic ability. Congrats to them for winning another battle against UB and UConn.

Am interested in what money has to say on this guy. I know RU has taken a number of kids out of Rochester since Schiano has been there so they must have some coaches in the area talking to them about diamonds in the rough from the Flower City area. Maybe this kid is better than everyone thinks?

I don’t believe he made any all state team last season but he was second team all greater Rochester. I frankly haven’t heard of him. Will try and look at his film, if he has any.

Without seeing any film, I am kind of surprised RU would take a kid like this so early in the recruiting cycle but I think they are looking for relatively big and strong space eaters on the DL and don’t care that much about athletic ability. Congrats to them for winning another battle against UB and UConn.

Am interested in what money has to say on this guy. I know RU has taken a number of kids out of Rochester since Schiano has been there so they must have some coaches in the area talking to them about diamonds in the rough from the Flower City area. Maybe this kid is better than everyone thinks?
His film looks solid. He looks big and athletic and aggressive. #2 in the state is nonsense, but he looks like a guy who belongs at an FBS school, at least to my untrained eye.

His film looks solid. He looks big and athletic and aggressive. #2 in the state is nonsense, but he looks like a guy who belongs at an FBS school, at least to my untrained eye.
I just looked at his film.

If this was before Coach Brown got here, and he verballed to us, I would have been happy.

He appears to be a legit 6’6, is aggressive and reasonably athletic. I think he is a little too slow footed to be a DE in the B1G and think he needs to either get up to 300 pounds and become a DT or an OL. Probably an OT. Most of his film was him playing on offense and he looks like a promising blocker.

I predict he becomes an OT. Would not surprise me if he cracks into their two deep after a couple of years.
I would consider him a good gamble as a development player. These are the kinds of players a school like Rutgers needs to take and develop to be competitive.

I think I am going to rank him about #25 but have to review the players in that area before doing so. He will definitely be in the top 40. This continues to shape up as a really strong class. Congrats to Miron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom