Total Rebuild. 3-4 years. Nm | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Total Rebuild. 3-4 years. Nm

UConn is a decent team that beat Houston & went to a bowl last year. But even more important, they're in their THIRD year in the system with that HC. A loss is not out of the question, but you're right- at the very least we need to be competitive.

I don't know if UConn is a decent team or not but their offensive numbers are putrid.

193.3 passing yard per game - 191st
137 rushing yards per game - 180th
331 yards per game - 212th

Against Maine (24-21), Navy (24-28) and Virginia (13-10)

im sorry but syracuse should never ever lose to uconn. That is an unacceptable loss and it should be in a coaches contract that if he loses 100k comes out of his contract every time. Like a sware jar fund.

I don't have any expectations outside of getting better. I think most here share that assessment.

Side note: 4-6 years for what goal? Winning the ACC? Making a bowl?
Year 4-6 , strong enough to get 8+ wins and challenge the top tier . Not guaranteeing year 4 or 5 , but it could happen by then . Year 3 in a total rebuild always has problems with depth do to loss of a significant amount of the previous coaches recruits .

Year 4-6 , strong enough to get 8+ wins and challenge the top tier . Not guaranteeing year 4 or 5 , but it could happen by then . Year 3 in a total rebuild always has problems with depth do to loss of a significant amount of the previous coaches recruits .

Year 3 is when you know what direction you're headed in. That's the best time to evaluate.

Here is Mike Leach's record at WSU :
Washington State Cougars (Pac-12 Conference) (2012–present)
2012 Washington State 3–9 1–8 6th (North)
2013 Washington State 6–7 4–5 T–4th(North) L New Mexico
2014 Washington State 3–9 2–7 T–5th(North)
2015 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) W Sun

You can look at W/L for the indicator of a "good direction" or you can add up a lot of other things to get a feel for it.

I made this case last year FOR Shafer midway through the season. But then it tipped towards "bad direction"...

Fair enough. But while I agree with the idea that we all bleed Orange and want the same thing, there is a tinge of irrationality in some of the comparisons to HCSS, and the 3 games w/ HCDB that we've seen so far.
How anyone can reach such concrete conclusions after such a small sample is beyond me. I'm not saying folks are hoping for failure, but how do you justify what some have posted since that last game?
The longing for the "good old days" of the Schafer Era is delusional, IMO. I can definitely understand why some might question the motives behind it, since it really doesn't make much sense. No one ever suggested instant success, least of all Babers himself. Yet, in these "instant gratification/microwaveable" times, it appears that that's what some in this fanbase truly believed would happen.
It's just ridiculous to witness, is all. JMHO

:):)

CousCuse said:
I don't know why, but I feel like you're pulling this out of your nether regions. This year's roster is the low point. We are already pretty heavy in underclass men getting significant playing time. If anything, year 3 is where we start to have a solid roster.

And there it is. 3 games in and those who had an issue with "the way the last coach was treated", are now laying in wait for every hiccup experienced by our new HC.
I just don't understand the negativity of living in the past, regardless of how you felt about HCSS. And for the record, I would've had NO PROBLEM if HCSS was given another year, but I also believe Babers will prove to be a massive upgrade. JMHO
People need to get over it already. We all want the same things, success for the program. To expect immediate results vs the 2 teams we've played...one which is now a fav to be in the CFP and ranked in the top 3, is borderline moronic, IMO.
Whoever had expectations that this would be easy, was sadly mistaken and in deep delusion. Anyone with half a modicum of sanity realizes 3 games does not a HC'ing tenure make. Our whiniest, bitchiest, "fans" need to grow up already. Its pathetic to watch.
:vomit:

Yes, we all want the same things. We are all routing for the same thing, a winner. Also, it isnt whinning, its called having a passion for your team and college football. It's righteous fans like you that dont allow others to have an opinion or take and knock casual fans off the fence. I am not one of those fans, as most of us on this board are degenerates and great fans. We need more of us degenerates around! I love dino and expected a struggle and transition period. I have argued from the beginning that we have more talent on this team than people think ( see bcubs post). I just think the jury is still out on this offensive style in p5 play combined with a T2 defense. I dont mind the losses, its how they happened. I hope i am 100% proven wrong:).

People are quick to forget that Marrone was 4-8 in his first year.

We get that. But its more about how we arrived at 4-8. I think ots easier to digest with an attacking D that takes chances and is exciting. When you sit back and dont blitz and " keep everything in front of you", its alot tougher to swallow as a fan.

im sorry but syracuse should never ever lose to uconn. That is an unacceptable loss and it should be in a coaches contract that if he loses 100k comes out of his contract every time. Like a sware jar fund.

Hate to break it to you but We have lost to UCONN a bunch the past 10 years probably 6-7 times I would imagine...

I don't know why, but I feel like you're pulling this out of your nether regions. This year's roster is the low point. We are already pretty heavy in underclass men getting significant playing time. If anything, year 3 is where we start to have a solid roster.
Look at Doug's 3rd year . By the 3rd year a coach has like 60 of his own guys . The older usually don't fit the system or don't buy in or don 't have a personality fit with the new staff . It is the same at every kind of social organization .

Hate to break it to you but We have lost to UCONN a bunch the past 10 years probably 6-7 times I would imagine...
yeah I know and I'm not happy about any of them. These losses and the Rutgers temple losses during ps era contributed to the mess we have been in.

yeah I know and I'm not happy about any of them. These losses and the Rutgers temple losses during ps era contributed to the mess we have been in.

I guess. that was 10-12 years ago. We are in this mess for a lot of reasons much more recent ones that Coach P..

CousCuse said:
Look at Doug's 3rd year . By the 3rd year a coach has like 60 of his own guys . The older usually don't fit the system or don't buy in or don 't have a personality fit with the new staff . It is the same at every kind of social organization .
I am looking at this roster. We are deeper in the freshman and sophomore classes. Marrone came in and tossed guys from every class, so that it took longer to field a full roster because he had to replace more across all four classes he inherited. Babers is using a lot of underclass men who will either improve or will be passed by incoming guys, but they won't disappear from the roster and leave us with depleted numbers like you are saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom