Tough Test Next Week | Syracusefan.com

Tough Test Next Week

BVille44

All Conference
CMU has former Michigan Wolverines QB Shane Morris under center. He is a big lefty QB who torched the Kansas secondary yesterday for 467 passing yards and 5 TD's. I am concerned we may see Morris pick apart our secondary if we can't put any pressure on him.

Not feeling great, but they also really struggled with Rhode Island.

He only had 226 vs Rhode Island. I think it might be more that Kansas is beyond terrible, but in the end you might still be right. It will be a big test for our D.

hopefully our offense remembers to game plan this week since they didnt this week

I thought our D looked improved from last week, especially with pressure. I think we seem susceptible to draw or delayed runs up the middle and we are still learning to get safety help where needed, but I thought our D looked better. The ST had two very expensive mistakes in a muffed punt and a missed FG. The roughing the kicker call is a very close third. They also had some nice returns and almost a turnover if not for the tip of Scoop's toes. I think the O was our biggest problem yesterday.

Not taking any games as a gimme after last week. But I don't think they are very good.

I thought our D looked improved from last week, especially with pressure. I think we seem susceptible to draw or delayed runs up the middle and we are still learning to get safety help where needed, but I thought our D looked better. The ST had two very expensive mistakes in a muffed punt and a missed FG. The roughing the kicker call is a very close third. They also had some nice returns and almost a turnover if not for the tip of Scoop's toes. I think the O was our biggest problem yesterday.

O then Specials then big gap followed by defense.

Not taking any games as a gimme after last week. But I don't think they are very good.

I don't think we are very good either. Neither Marrone or Shafer lost to a non P5 team out of conference play. Had some close calls but always ended up in the win column.

I don't think we are very good either. Neither Marrone or Shafer lost to a non P5 team out of conference play. Had some close calls but always ended up in the win column.

Middle Tennessee isn't some run of the mill g5 team , they went 8-5 last year which is basically borderline top 25

Middle Tennessee isn't some run of the mill g5 team , they went 8-5 last year which is basically borderline top 25

They got killed last week against a mediocre Vandy team. I don't care how good MTSU is, we are in the ACC and we got pushed around at home by the Blue Raiders.

If we lose this week to CMU the pitchforks will start coming out.

Marrone didnt even coach in a P5 league. And Shafer had zero wins that even approached the VaTech win.

They got killed last week against a mediocre Vandy team. I don't care how good MTSU is, we are in the ACC and we got pushed around at home by the Blue Raiders.

Pushed around = lost by 7?

It's an extremely tough schedule and there are no breaks from Game 2 on...other than the bye week.

We may be in the ACC but our roster is littered with G6 upper class talent. Thank cigar boy for that

we weren't pushed around, there offense made more plays .

Marrone didnt even coach in a P5 league. And Shafer had zero wins that even approached the VaTech win.

Marrone coached against peer schools. Never lost a non-conf to a lesser league team. Same with Shafer. Can't say the same about this team.

If we lose back to back against conf USA and MAC that would be something that not even Gerg did.

We better win on Saturday or the pitchforks start coming out.

we weren't pushed around, there offense made more plays .

Our offensive line got pushed around. Dungey wasn't scrambling because he wanted to. Rewatch the game. Also our D was getting pushed around late when they were gassed from the 3 and outs our O put up.

Our offensive line got pushed around. Dungey wasn't scrambling because he wanted to. Rewatch the game. Also our D was getting pushed around late when they were gassed from the 3 and outs our O put up.

that isnt entirely true, dungey got happy feet a few times after he got crushed early and often in 1st quarter

Marrone coached against peer schools. Never lost a non-conf to a lesser league team. Same with Shafer. Can't say the same about this team.

If we lose back to back against conf USA and MAC that would be something that not even Gerg did.

Yeah, I agree on next week. But both Marrone and Shafer lost games they shouldn't have. The P5 delineation is cute, but this stuff happens to everyone.

It was a blip in an otherwise upward trajectory. If we get worse, um yeah - things will get worse.

So did their offensive line. We looked like Clemson in the first Q.

Shafer got in his head. Dungey called him a genius after the game. The OL wasn't good. But had we another minute at the end of the game, we tie it up. They out executed us on O at the end.

IMG_5568.JPG
We will be coming strong this Saturday. I will be laying the points as soon as the line comes out this afternoon.

I think many downplayed the game after SU walked over CCSU and Middle Tenn. lost to Vanderbilt. But during the offseason, many saw this as a dangerous game. Middle Tennessee is a good mid-major program -- and yet SU went out of its way to lose the game and almost won.
I won't even get into the awful officiating.

Was Maryland in the B1G when they beat us?

NC State is a good line in the sand, we beat them solidly our first year in the ACC, then the two programs moved in very different directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom