Towson Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Towson Thoughts

dave h

Walk On
thoughts on Towson
- they have a very short bench
- basically starting 6 on offense but have used #14 as a 2way
- Rope Unit (whatever that means) #14, #16, LSM #33 are excellent and solid, marathon men
- they lost to Denver 12-11 but almost played a lacrosse version of Rope-a-Dope
- they play almost glacial in 1st half, Circle Offense spread it wide and lots of 'cough' possession shots wide of the goal.

Shooting by Q v Denver
Q1 - 1/9
Q2 - 0/9
Q3 - 3/6
Q4 - 7/13

because of the short bench they pace their play to save it for the end game.

QF is at noon

I hope SU run them off the Park in the mid day sun

because if it is close in the 4th they are very capable of pushing transition if they have any juice left?

Double Expresso for everyone needed if Towson get their way as they will bore you to tears for 3Qs then nick it when you are asleep!

Sneaky!

ps: attack D #30 all day everyday, everytime Towson D breaks down he is Matt Damon in The Martian... Lost in Space! :confused::noidea:

One thought - we need to improve at the X. 4 for 22 won't cut it again regardless of how hot Evan plays.

Probably going to start off at the X with Williams & if he struggles Varello. Wonder if they'll try a pole if Varello struggles. In the 2013 NC vs Duke Megill was the only one that did ok.

thoughts on Towson
- they have a very short bench
- basically starting 6 on offense but have used #14 as a 2way
- Rope Unit (whatever that means) #14, #16, LSM #33 are excellent and solid, marathon men
- they lost to Denver 12-11 but almost played a lacrosse version of Rope-a-Dope
- they play almost glacial in 1st half, Circle Offense spread it wide and lots of 'cough' possession shots wide of the goal.

Shooting by Q v Denver
Q1 - 1/9
Q2 - 0/9
Q3 - 3/6
Q4 - 7/13

because of the short bench they pace their play to save it for the end game.

QF is at noon

I hope SU run them off the Park in the mid day sun

because if it is close in the 4th they are very capable of pushing transition if they have any juice left?

Double Expresso for everyone needed if Towson get their way as they will bore you to tears for 3Qs then nick it when you are asleep!

Sneaky!

ps: attack D #30 all day everyday, everytime Towson D breaks down he is Matt Damon in The Martian... Lost in Space! :confused::noidea:

Considering their Circle offense, would it be better to sit back and let them move the ball outside and force the refs to call a stall? Shots might be easier to pick off/out of the air with more sticks in closer and could force the refs to ignore the "possession" shots as they would not be reasonably close to the net. Just a thought, I would like others opinions, especially from the experts.

I would pole Seider #26 as they tend to run their offense through him and he has a knack for the TO. We need to push the pace. Their D seems to get better the longer a possession goes. We need to especially push transition and not be afraid to shoot it. Time to play Cuse lacrosse and run and gun it.

A #26 shoots a lot (114) and misses the cage a lot

A - 22, 26, 8
M - 27, 23, 9

Face-offs and transition are vital, if Cuse get rolling early and get a lead it could be a fun day

If Towson play at their pace and keep it tight, you may fall asleep

they are a Big team summed up by FOGO #41 who wears elbow pads as arm bands on his biceps.
Quick, strong at the draw but someone should tell him how to wear his equipment

Desko mentioned them sluffing in and playing very tight def, this plays into our hands with our big shooters!

With Woodalls injury I think we need to harass him from the faceoff, Fusco needs to get in there and mix it up!

Also re the midday sun we are wearing home whites so maybe they will wear back like Hopkins did back in the 90s vs Cuse quarter final. With their short bench this should take some effect later in the game, our depth should get us through!

Their D is very good but the one place I think they are vulnerable is in transistion. Give our mids the green light to shoot early and push the pace.

I know almost nothing about lacrosse, but I'm going to predict a close game with SU coming away with a victory in the end by, oh I don't know - let's call it 1 goal.

SU 10 - Towson 9

I hope SU use today's OSU 16-11 win over Duke as a warning

"Burn The Boats"

If 4th Q Duke played the whole game they get the Win

Duke started off gun shy, wouldn't pull the trigger, make the feed or the "one more" pass

Towson play very similar disciplined defense, you have to play with No Fear and take risks or you will fall into their trap.

Motion offense, off ball cuts and stretch the D, hopefully big games from Brendan Bomberry, maybe a few bombs from Matt Lane

Run rabbit run

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom