Tracking Grad Transfers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking Grad Transfers

Well that's a first for me, I hadn't see a grad transfer flip his commitment before.

lol, yeah that was a first for me to and I immediately thought that when I read it the other day. too funny.

We had one last year...Gabe Sherrod...

Not exactly. I know that he was committed here and eventually ended up at Mich St. but it wasn't like he made the decision to flip. He committed to them after the Syracuse staff pulled his offer.

Now he may very well have ended up flipping but the staff didn't give him that opportunity.

Not exactly. I know that he was committed here and eventually ended up at Mich St. but it wasn't like he made the decision to flip. He committed to them after the Syracuse staff pulled his offer.

Now he may very well have ended up flipping but the staff didn't give him that opportunity.
True. He looked like he was going to flip the whole time so I figured it was inevitable.

Ryan Bartow‏Verified account @RyanBartow May 22
Scoop: #AlcornState RB Arron Baker receives his release. Grad transfer that will draw D. 1 interest. 1,453 rushing yards & 23 career TDs

Ryan Bartow‏Verified account @RyanBartow May 22
Scoop: #AlcornState RB Arron Baker receives his release. Grad transfer that will draw D. 1 interest. 1,453 rushing yards & 23 career TDs
That was over a 3 year period.
Career Rushing/Receiving Stats
Year Team G Rush Yds Yd/Rush TDs Rec Yds Yd/Rec TDs
2014 Ac 13 113 725 6.4 13 2 28 14.0 0
2015 Alc 13 79 369 4.7 9 10 131 13.1 2
2016 Alc 7 65 359 5.5 1 4 68 17.0 0
Career 33 257 1453 5.7 23 16 227 14.2 2

Good average per carry.

Ok, I'll bite. As a graduate of ND, what academic criteria could he possibly not meet to play SEC football?
"Academic Progress Rate is the NCAA’s measurement of choice to evaluate how well a team’s players are doing (and improving) in the classroom. One way for a grad transfer to not earn all possible APR points is to not finish a grad degree at his new school. The SEC also mandates a grad transfer take at least nine credit hours during his first full-time semester. These requirements are where Florida has found trouble.

For the 2015 season, Florida added grad transfers Mason Halter and Anthony Harrell. The two didn’t meet the academic benchmarks to stay eligible for the whole season. They also fell short of the SEC’s rules for grad transfers, and Florida had to admit as much to the conference in a written report. That set off a three-year penalty, so under current conditions, UF can’t have football grad transfers again until at least 2018."

"Academic Progress Rate is the NCAA’s measurement of choice to evaluate how well a team’s players are doing (and improving) in the classroom. One way for a grad transfer to not earn all possible APR points is to not finish a grad degree at his new school. The SEC also mandates a grad transfer take at least nine credit hours during his first full-time semester. These requirements are where Florida has found trouble.

For the 2015 season, Florida added grad transfers Mason Halter and Anthony Harrell. The two didn’t meet the academic benchmarks to stay eligible for the whole season. They also fell short of the SEC’s rules for grad transfers, and Florida had to admit as much to the conference in a written report. That set off a three-year penalty, so under current conditions, UF can’t have football grad transfers again until at least 2018."
Thanks. Next time I promise I'll hit the "read more" button. Really does seem off that he will be the one punished.