Transition year, ill equipped to run what they want | Syracusefan.com

Transition year, ill equipped to run what they want

GoSU96

Living Legend
and get to play the hardest schedule in the country.

USF is a copy of Lville, FSU, Clemson, ND. VT is whipping Tennessee.

When it rains it pours.

GoSU96 said:
and get to play the hardest schedule in the country. USF is a copy of Lville, FSU, Clemson, ND. VT is whipping Tennessee. When it rains it pours.

Lowering expectations?

Lowering expectations?

The schedule looks harder than it did preseason. I didn't really have any expectations going in as it was.

Wake Forest is now 2-0 after beating Duke today and Pitt looked good in its victory over Penn State. It is one hell of a schedule for a first year head coach trying to rebuild a team in a state with very few D1 players.

GoSU96 said:
The schedule looks harder than it did preseason. I didn't really have any expectations going in as it was.

About what I expected. We weren't going to be favored in any of those games. Nothing has changed.

USF will be a shootout.

45-41.

BVille44 said:
Wake Forest is now 2-0 after beating Duke today and Pitt looked good in its victory over Penn State. It is one hell of a schedule for a first year head coach trying to rebuild a team in a state with very few D1 players.

I'm not sold on Wake at all.

BVille44 said:

Strangely, Louisville does well in a state without a lot of great Division 1 players.

Yet Kentucky has never gotten over the hump.

When it rains it pours.

Tennessee is whipping Va Tech 31-14.

Strangely, Louisville does well in a state without a lot of great Division 1 players.

Yet Kentucky has never gotten over the hump.
he recruits mainly deep south with a few ky guys, according to what i saw in the program roster listings

When it rains it pours.

Agree. And next years schedule IS harder. Replace ND and USF with road games vs LSU and Miami, oh and not to mention we play that Central Michigan team that just beat Okie St in Okie St as well. It might take until Year 3 until we see Barbers get a breather with the schedule and have his players in his system fully be successful.

When it rains it pours.

Yes, tough schedule, and you can add Pitt beat PSU (Pitt was favored).

But let's not go all negative and mail in the season. Babers has 17 returning starters, plus Etta-Tawo who is better than any of our returning WRs. He inherited a true frosh QB who is the best QB prospect we have had in many years and is certainly better as a soph after working with Babers and Sean Lewis. He added a Shafer recruit at RB (Moe Neal) who has stepped in and made plays. He also added Coleman, Williams, and Jones to the defensive unit -- these three are going to be players.

We aren't where we need to be, but there is no reason for this team to regress compared to what we had last season.

Stern said:
Agree. And next years schedule IS harder. Replace ND and USF with road games vs LSU and Miami, oh and not to mention we play that Central Michigan team that just beat Okie St in Okie St as well. It might take until Year 3 until we see Barbers get a breather with the schedule and have his players in his system fully be successful.

CMU loses their 4 year starting QB after this season. I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over that game.

Yes, tough schedule, and you can add Pitt beat PSU (Pitt was favored).

We aren't where we need to be, but there is no reason for this team to regress compared to what we had last season.

That's almost impossible. That would be Gergian, and I firmly believe that Babers is no Gerg.

I watched the Duke Wake game. I think Wake winning had more to do about Duke taking a big step back this year. Remember they lost their starting QB to injury and are having to go with true freshmen.

I watched the Duke Wake game. I think Wake winning had more to do about Duke taking a big step back this year. Remember they lost their starting QB to injury and are having to go with true freshmen.
I thought Wake was really physical , they just out physicaled Duke . I never thought of Wake as a physical team , but now I think they will give BC a good street fight . That freshman QB makes me queasy , the kind of player that could be hard to contain .

That's almost impossible. That would be Gergian, and I firmly believe that Babers is no Gerg.

Right, and if Babers & staff are any good, we shouldn't see more thrashings. We should see a couple more wins and more excitement than in 2015. So, I am amazed that people are going all negative, and saying there is no talent, and wait until next year, yadda yadda.