Tremendous battle by both teams | Syracusefan.com

Tremendous battle by both teams

kyleslamb

Scout Team
That was a heck of a game. It's a shame it was called so tightly, but unfortunately that's the nature of basketball when you have officials that want to insert themselves into the game.

That should not take away from the things either team did.

The KenPom/Sagarin numbers suggest that if these two teams played 10 teams, it would come out probably somewhere around 6-4 or 5-5. So basically today was a coin flip. It came up heads for Ohio State, tails for Syracuse.

Nothing to be ashamed of and no reason to misplace blame. Simply two very good teams going toe-to-toe for 40 minutes. Ohio State is a heck of a team with great defenders, good rebounders and a lot of talent. Syracuse has amazing scorers, great athletes and extremely long arms who play active defense. Frankly, it just came down to both teams having to stick with their gameplan and ignore the whistles. C'est la vie.

I'm the utmost impressed with Syracuse, though. I don't think people give them credit for how talented the guards/wings really are. Great game.

tOSU earned the win in a hard fought battle. Good luck in the FF.

The KenPom/Sagarin numbers suggest that if these two teams played 10 teams, it would come out probably somewhere around 6-4 or 5-5. So basically today was a coin flip. It came up heads for Ohio State, tails for Syracuse.

But I called tails...

lets play the game again only take out sullinger and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom