Triche-- get a shrink-OR- get me one! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Triche-- get a shrink-OR- get me one!

...actually, since BT was PG as Frosh and team did well...had some great court teammates...but not greater than Scoop had last year...lets place Triche as PG with MCW...even as 2nd rotation...I believe they will be better as far as team scoring than Scoop and Waiters together...just a thought

Can we stop with BT being the PG as a frosh? That is like saying Fab as C last year was the reason the team did well.

When the game mattered, Scoop was the PG in Triche's freshman year.

I'd be happy if we could have a hybrid of Triche and Dion. One's too hesitant, the other plays 1 vs 5.
Agree completely. I think Triche will find his game and have a good season.

Agree completely. I think Triche will find his game and have a good season.
no kidding. people act as if we are halfway through the BE portion of the schedule.

Who says JB and the staff didn't have MCW at point because hes the point of the future?

I will give you MCW is faster but I think BT has a better speed burst right now and thats something PG's need. MCW is still kinda in one gear.

Its all about taking a risk for march with MCW. Triche can back us at PG or SG fine this year reguardless. Why not give MCW a few Point forward minutes at SG though? Its worth the thought to try atleast right? He did go three for three from deep a game ago.

You also have to look at who plays on what side of the court in the paint, and receives what kind of pass crosscourt vs straight pass and how that would change for Brandon and MCW. Syracuse is notorious for playing post players on the same side and always playing PG and the PFon the right side of the court together. One of those things I am just waiting to change one year. What if we ever got a southpaw Point guard? We got CJ a lefty now.:noidea:

Its a good debate overall.

I don't know why people want to play MCW at SG. It's a waste of amazing potential at PG.

I don't know why people want to play MCW at SG. It's a waste of amazing potential at PG.
He is going to see alot of time this year, but as of right now, this is Scoop's team. MCW won't take many minutes away from him. I think putting him at the 2 is just so he can see the court more. A 6'5" - 6'6" PG with a shot is droolworthy.

He is going to see alot of time this year, but as of right now, this is Scoop's team. MCW won't take many minutes away from him. I think putting him at the 2 is just so he can see the court more. A 6'5" - 6'6" PG with a shot is droolworthy.
He should still get 10 mpg at point. Give Scoop 25-30 mpg. Keep Triche and Waiter as the SG rotation.

He should still get 10 mpg at point. Give Scoop 25-30 mpg. Keep Triche and Waiter as the SG rotation.
That's fine. By the time BE play begins, I would imagine Scoop will still see 30-33 mpg. Unless he starts throwing passes onto I-81 again.

I don't know why people want brandon as our backup option as SG either. He was pretty unconsistant and inefficient last year and looks unconsistant and unefficient this year. Hes getting more shots but man is he ice cold for three straight games no more efficient then last year. Much worse right now.

We were comparing MCW to Lamb, and Lamb was a perimeter point forward kind of player last year. He played on the left side of the court next to Kemba. That backcour when far. If you truly are a fan of MCW at point he should be able to get by a SG much easier then a PG. I don't like the idea of Brandon taking a shot in a slowed down halfcourt offese.

Really I think if Fab or Rak come up big for us in the high post Scoop, Brandon, MCW, and Kris all have Point abilities.

But the two things that are making me question the most are...
What do we do when we need a slowed down halfcourt bucket while we are up(brandon was not the awsner last year)?
What does our backcourt do against a zone?

I don't know why people want brandon as our backup option as SG either. He was pretty unconsistant and inefficient last year and looks unconsistant and unefficient this year. Hes getting more shots but man is he ice cold for three straight games no more efficient then last year. Much worse right now.

We were comparing MCW to Lamb, and Lamb was a perimeter point forward kind of player last year. He played on the left side of the court next to Kemba. That backcour when far. If you truly are a fan of MCW at point he should be able to get by a SG much easier then a PG. I don't like the idea of Brandon taking a shot in a slowed down halfcourt offese.

Really I think if Fab or Rak come up big for us in the high post Scoop, Brandon, MCW, and Kris all have Point abilities.

But the two things that are making me question the most are...
What do we do when we need a slowed down halfcourt bucket while we are up(brandon was not the awsner last year)?
What does our backcourt do against a zone?
I don't know why you keep saying point forward, point forward only works if he's playing PG. If he plays off guard then he isn't a point forward. You could play him there, but I don't want that to be the focus. And Kris does NOT have point abilities.

He has no passion to his game. Its one thing to maintain an "even keel", but when was the last time Brandon willed the team to a victory?
I keep looking back on that game at WVU his freshman year, where Brandon Triche carried that squad to a win...he was unstoppable in the last few minutes. Sadly, we haven't seen THAT Brandon Triche again.
If we ever do, then I believe this team goes to the next level.

He made the plays to win that game, but he didn't display any visible emotion then, either.

Outward displays of passion are overrated; all they're good for is getting facetime on ESPN.

Triche needs to make positive plays most of the time and he needs to do so soon, passion or not.

What am I missing that the coaching staff sees?

I mean this in all seriousness: I think they see a player who should be able to give them quality minutes, solid defense, five fouls, and ten points a game if he starts, with the option to bring in Instant Offense. They also see a player who would retreat into a shell and give them none of those things (other than the fouls) if he's benched in favor of Waiters.

It's for the forum to argue the merits of that decision-making, but they do have more information than we do. There's more to putting the puzzle together than just swapping guys' minutes and expecting them to perform the same as before. Just like Boeheim thought that Triche should start over Scoop in 2010, even when Scoop outperformed him and Triche started shooting 30% for weeks at a time, Boeheim likes the arrangement now, despite the fact that Triche's reserve has (in one game) outperformed him. We'll see how long this holds.

If healthy, KJ is a definite no 1 option -- really pleased to see him make strong moves inside and shoot with confidence against Fordham. Behind him, we have a lot of balance, and that is OK.
This team has a lot of younger guys who should get better over the course of the year -- Dion, Christmas, CJ at the forefront of the youth movement.

Agree on KJ -- I more meant we're not sure if he's healthy and he didn't exactly grab the role last year. I just want to see him play at a consistently high level for a few games before I'm talking about him as a legit no. 1 option. At least other than by default. But I like him a lot.

Jacked but doesn't use it. If I had he body I would play 10 hours a day and love every minute of it. Triche has no fun playing the game

Wow. Armchair shrinks unite!

He made the plays to win that game, but he didn't display any visible emotion then, either.

Outward displays of passion are overrated; all they're good for is getting facetime on ESPN.

Triche needs to make positive plays most of the time and he needs to do so soon, passion or not.

Didn't really mean a "visible display of emotion" as an example of passion. Rather, exhibiting the "I'm taking over" attitude he played with down the stretch of that WVU game. He looked & played with determination, & wasn't gonna let anything stop him... that, in my mind, defines passion!
I remember thinking that if he was doing that as a frosh...at WVU...on an experienced team...then maybe we had a special player for the next 4 years! I rarely remember seeing BT with that attitude these last couple of years.
Personally, I don't mind a cold/silent assassin like a Tim Duncan, or even Jeremy Lamb comes to mind. But Brandon looks & plays like he's half-asleep- & he certainly hasn't shown a take-charge, killer instinct in many games.

Didn't really mean a "visible display of emotion" as an example of passion. Rather, exhibiting the "I'm taking over" attitude he played with down the stretch of that WVU game. He looked & played with determination, & wasn't gonna let anything stop him... that, in my mind, defines passion!
I remember thinking that if he was doing that as a frosh...at WVU...on an experienced team...then maybe we had a special player for the next 4 years! I rarely remember seeing BT with that attitude these last couple of years.
Personally, I don't mind a cold/silent assassin like a Tim Duncan, or even Jeremy Lamb comes to mind. But Brandon looks & plays like he's half-asleep- & he certainly hasn't shown a take-charge, killer instinct in many games.
If Triche had knocked down a couple of more layups in that game (putback was a tough shot), he would have had 13-14 pts, 7 rebounds and 3 assists in 16 min. I dont think we would even be discussing. Lets give him maybe 10 games and see where the shooting percentage is.

I don't know what to make of the lack of emotion, but he did seem to be more visibly excited during his 2 or 3 game stretch where he was hitting a lot of shots. I remember a few smiles, which is such a non-event for most players you wouldn't take notice, but with Triche it really, really stuck out. It was nice to see, as far as having fun - or appearing to - I doubt it means much, but with this kid who knows. Maybe he's playing with more confidence or at least carefree and that translates into more consistency. Either way, I have no idea, he's certainly a s trange kid to figure out...

I'm betting he plays well 2nite though just send the board into chaos. Mookie might hit a few threes too just to really set things off.

I don't know what to make of the lack of emotion, but he did seem to be more visibly excited during his 2 or 3 game stretch where he was hitting a lot of shots. I remember a few smiles, which is such a non-event for most players you wouldn't take notice, but with Triche it really, really stuck out. It was nice to see, as far as having fun - or appearing to - I doubt it means much, but with this kid who knows. Maybe he's playing with more confidence or at least carefree and that translates into more consistency. Either way, I have no idea, he's certainly a s trange kid to figure out...

I'm betting he plays well 2nite though just send the board into chaos. Mookie might hit a few threes too just to really set things off.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had a good game tonite- its the inconsistency that drives people nuts. I'd rather see a guaranteed 8-12ppg, EVERY game, then 25pts one night & 6pts the next! :confused:

...well Triche scored 9 pts in game which many thought was a terrible game...so, I believe he will score 9-12 most games...and i have him as scoring leader this year...or just behind KJ presuming his knees hold up

Wow I take back my post. IF Triche shoots the ball like that and MCW passes it that perfect then nevermind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom