Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

jgeorge322 in the restaurant

Dang. You beat me to it!

Dang. You beat me to it!
Spider Man Reaction GIF

From my SU Football preview last August:

"It’s fun to look at high school films of running backs and receivers bolting past defenders to make big plays but football is still and will always be about the line of scrimmage. All those big plays were made possible by the players who protect the quarterback and open the holes for the running backs. Syracuse is a classic case of a non-football powerhouse who has to compete with powerhouses and recruits exciting players in what I call the ‘speed’ positions but struggles to recruit at the same level in the ‘strength‘ positions that really determine who is a powerhouse and who isn’t. I hate the term ‘skill positions’ because every position requires skill. They say the offensive line is the hardest position to learn. So I divide the team into the ‘speed’ positions: the running backs and receivers plus the quarterbacks that get them the ball on offense and defensive backfield on defense. Throw in the kickers and kick returners and you’ve got the positions where a school like Syracuse has the best chance to compete with the powerhouses like Clemson and Florida State. Where we come up short is in the ‘strength’ positions: the interior offensive line, the tight end and the fullback on offense, (smoke ‘em if you got ‘em), and the front seven, (or now, for SU, the front 6). We can sometimes assemble a decent starting unit in those areas but we have little depth and have a lot of trouble replacing people, trouble Clemson and Florida State never seem to have. "

Did Trill run or did his ankle recovery from surgery limit what he could do? He had nice bench...20 reps...

lol... very apt analogy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom