Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

It's not pee-wee football. This is a business.

Fournette and McCaffery opted out before it was a thing. How'd that work out?

IIRC they were the season after the kid from Notre Dame shredded his knee in the Fiesta Bowl. Both of them made the right move. I don't blame anyone that goes that route. Of course it's expanded from first round locks like Fournette and McCaffery to players like Will Grier that didn't play vs. SU in the Champs Sports Bowl and went 3rd round.

Risky but I’m not sure he improves his stock coming back. Best of luck. Makes sense with the injuries.
It's hard to say. If he has a full season of big plays like Cisco did as a freshman that could raise his stock.

I think there's a lot to this. Everyone wants to win.

I went from playing for a team that won all the time to a team that never won.
I was only a part-time player, but it was soul crushing.
Players started turning on each other, forming cliques.
I changed sports and had much more success, on a team of friends that pulled for each other.

I don’t know the numbers and don’t follow it as much as I used to but I’m fairly certain kids leave early in the SEC all the time.

Those kids are playing for national championships and make All America lists.

Our kids are top talents, but it's a lot more surprising to see kids turning pro as underclassmen from teams that have literally zero television exposure, other than as a punching bag for ACC opponents and mockery by the announcers.

Trill was here 3 years. He was leaving after this season. No problems at all.

Go get paid especially in a sport like football.
These college kids are treated like pros except they don’t get paid.

I got no problem with him opting out now.
We suck, and aren’t playing for anything of significance. Protect your body.

You're going to have 20 more kids transfer if that's how this team feels.

Why’s that?

I can't figure out why everyone keeps assuming this.

I get that it's the year of free agency, but people assume that so many of our players are:

1. Disgruntled
2. Have somewhere better to go that's willing to take them on? (including the NFL?)

Seems like lazy thinking to me. If people are just assuming this with absolutely no info at all, they should admit that.

I get that it's the year of free agency, but people assume that so many of our players are:

1. Disgruntled
2. Have somewhere better to go that's willing to take them on? (including the NFL?)

Seems like lazy thinking to me. If people are just assuming this with absolutely no info at all, they should admit that.

Nothing worst than asserting something as fact with nothing more than a wild as guess behind it. No reasoning, no rationale, no quote, or even heresay, just crap pushing the idea that 20% of the potential returning players are out the door

what the hell is wrong with these people

Nothing worst than asserting something as fact with nothing more than a wild as guess behind it. No reasoning, no rationale, no quote, or even heresay, just crap pushing the idea that 20% of the potential returning players are out the door

what the hell is wrong with these people
So you're saying there's a message board on the interwebs that has unsupported rumors??? Next you'll tell me the news on TV is not always based on fact. What a world.

So you're saying there's a message board on the interwebs that has unsupported rumors??? Next you'll tell me the news on TV is not always based on fact. What a world.

where did I claim it doesn’t exist? Just because it’s done doesn’t make it good. Just because people can be a holes is a stupid justification for being one

where did I claim it doesn’t exist? Just because it’s done doesn’t make it good. Just because people can be a holes is a stupid justification for being one
No justification, just acceptance. :)

We have 20 kids that can make the NFL?

There's a transfer portal, there are at least 5 or 6 kids who already opted out, there are injured kids who may elect not to return, and there are kids who have been here for 4 years, have their degree, and may not want to play for a team that is going to lose a lot of games again next year.

Last edited:
There's a transfer portal, there are at least 5 or 6 kids who already opted out, there are injured kids who may elect not to return, and there are kids who have been here for 4 years, have their degree, and may not want to play for a team that is going to lose a lot of games again next year.
Trill is leaving to go pro. we aren’t having 20 players leave to go pro or for other reasons besides graduation.

We'll see. We've already got a handful who have left for good. I count 5 off the top of my head.

what does that have to do with kids transferring?

the two running backs and two safeties declaring. Who else?

No justification, just acceptance. :)

too freaking old to accept that.

you want to assert something as fact, substantiate it, you want to bring an opinion, back it up with an argument

what does that have to do with kids transferring?

the two running backs and two safeties declaring. Who else?

We're missing 20-something kids from the roster, and about 15 from the expected two-deep.

The University (and this coach) are not forthcoming at all with the media.

I just see 25% of a team that's already out of action, and I see the wheels completely coming off. Who knows how many of them opted out, honestly?

Do you forget that they went on strike a couple times after August camp began because of what they thought was insufficient COVID testing?

Do you remember that there was a big deal article about how Liberty was going to test every day the week before our game when word came out that they hadn't been testing?

These kids are *not* in a bubble. That watched NBA and NFL players opt out. There is little stigma in deciding to do so.

The university didn't announce that Abdul Adams or Jarveon Howard or Tyrell Rickards had opted out before Labor Day. None of us really know who else that's missing who may have chosen to sit out, unless you work in the athletic department, because of HIPAA and privacy laws.

We're missing 20-something kids from the roster, and about 15 from the expected two-deep.

The University (and this coach) are not forthcoming at all with the media.

I just see 25% of a team that's already out of action, and I see the wheels completely coming off. Who knows how many of them opted out, honestly?

Do you forget that they went on strike a couple times after August camp began because of what they thought was insufficient COVID testing?

Do you remember that there was a big deal article about how Liberty was going to test every day the week before our game when word came out that they hadn't been testing?

These kids are *not* in a bubble. That watched NBA and NFL players opt out. There is little stigma in deciding to do so.

The university didn't announce that Abdul Adams or Jarveon Howard or Tyrell Rickards had opted out before Labor Day. None of us really know who else that's missing who may have chosen to sit out, unless you work in the athletic department, because of HIPAA and privacy laws.

Are we really going to have this conversation again?

3 guys opted out, and 1 guy (Clarke) might have be kicked off the team for all we know.

Are we really going to have this conversation again?

3 guys opted out, and 1 guy (Clarke) might have be kicked off the team for all we know.

Five, at least. You're not counting the 2 DBs who just announced, Trill and Cisco. So that's five.

Then you have some questionable "injuries" - "owies", Dino calls them.
A guy hurts himself walking down the stairs and is done for the season? I mean, we have a BUNCH of those.
What the hell is going on? Why do we always seem to have about 20 less players than other teams?
It's YEAR FIVE? Why do we always have no depth?

1. Disgruntled

My comment, at least, was in reaction to a post that said Trill and CIsco shutting down mid-season, aside from their injuries, was that there was literally nothing to play for, and people had given up on the season.

My initial comment in this string was along the lines "Well if that's how the team feels, then ... people will be transferring. Bad chemistry is contagious. Playing football is not fun when you suck, trust me.

My comment, at least, was in reaction to a post that said Trill and CIsco shutting down mid-season, aside from their injuries, was that there was literally nothing to play for, and people had given up on the season.

My initial comment in this string was along the lines "Well if that's how the team feels, then ... people will be transferring. Bad chemistry is contagious. Playing football is not fun when you suck, trust me.

I think they would have just opted out and done it by now. They're running an incredible risk of injury and then they are stuck here. Just basing off of one Instagram post, I'm guessing Neil Nunn's mom wishes he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom