Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

I think they would have just opted out and done it by now. They're running an incredible risk of injury and then they are stuck here. Just basing off of one Instagram post, I'm guessing Neil Nunn's mom wishes he did.

And my point is that out of the 20 or so guys missing for seemingly the entire season, I suspect that some of those are also "opt outs" who simply haven't been announced to the public. I mean, every single injury is for the whole season?

We were missing so many pieces from the O line before the season started, and we're getting NONE of those guys back? It just seems so messed up to me, beyond how messed up just "Life in Corona Ville" is.

And my point is that out of the 20 or so guys missing for seemingly the entire season, I suspect that some of those are also "opt outs" who simply haven't been announced to the public. I mean, every single injury is for the whole season?

We were missing so many pieces from the O line before the season started, and we're getting NONE of those guys back? It just seems so messed up to me, beyond how messed up just "Life in Corona Ville" is.

Red: Achilles injury from Spring. Out for season
Bleich: Hip surgery during off season, Out due to NCAA
Pat Davis: Foot in boot. Might return.
Froumy: Knee in brace. Out for season
White: Out for season

We did get Dakota Davis back after missing 1/2 the season. As was expected. Other than him and maybe Pat Davis, the other injured OL are not going to contribute this season. Ilaoa is in the rotation, Petry plays on ST's and Barclay is practically redshirting.

If you believe that Tommy faked his foot injury so he could secretly "opt out", I don't know what to tell you.

Didn’t OX go thru the roster recently and account for all but 2? And why wouldn’t these guys get their names in the transfer portal?

You may ultimately be right, but to me it’s clearly a theory at this point that people transfer after losing seasons. My theory (and I’m often wrong, I certainly was about Trill) is that the young guys playing know that better days are ahead.

My theory (and I’m often wrong, I certainly was about Trill) is that the young guys playing know that better days are ahead.

Hey, I hope so. Lots of young guys are playing on defense. But a lot of them look small out there.
Hopefully they pass the looks test on D next year, and we can fix what has been an awful offense for the last 2 years.

Whats Trill’s upside? Jabrill Peppers?

Is Trill going to be able to run a 4.5? He is 6'2 198. CB or FS or both? Teams might find value in his utility depending on what he runs.

Is Trill going to be able to run a 4.5? He is 6'2 198. CB or FS or both? Teams might find value in his utility depending on what he runs.
Is he healed from his injury?

My understanding is Trill was playing banged up most of his time in 2020. He’s likely recovered but played it safe and smart by opting out. He’s going to move up boards during the combine imo.

if anyones more informed please feel free to correct

My understanding is Trill was playing banged up most of his time in 2020. He’s likely recovered but played it safe and smart by opting out. He’s going to move up boards during the combine imo.

if anyones more informed please feel free to correct
Thats how I remembered it. Some bumps but nothing that kept him out.

Thats how I remembered it. Some bumps but nothing that kept him out.
Head coach Dino Babers said Williams didn’t play against Wake Forest due to illness and an injury suffered in practice. He then later the next week opted out for the rest of the season. Not sure how significant the injury was.

I believe it was a pulled hammy. By the time he would have been healthy, there would have only been 1-2 games left in the season anyways.

That’s nuts. The last few years we’ve had trouble just getting guys invited. Now three DBs in the same season?

That’s nuts. The last few years we’ve had trouble just getting guys invited. Now three DBs in the same season?
and all three are physical specimens who should do well at the combine, too. crazy to think about what could have been if we had an OL and guys stayed healthy. there was so much talent on the defensive side of field.

and all three are physical specimens who should do well at the combine, too. crazy to think about what could have been if we had an OL and guys stayed healthy. there was so much talent on the defensive side of field.
Yup, and I still maintain most people are underestimating the impact of no offseason S&C and truncated summer/preseason on injuries

The MLB players were even saying those things about last year so the same mistakes weren’t made this year

Absolutely all this. We were only missing a functional offensive line ...and you can see how that devastates the outlook of an entire season

And Trill Williams is awesome

And I love that he scored that touchdown against Wake and didn’t take a knee.

after he stripped it and started running down the field, i was at a restaurant in albany, stood up and yelled "Get the F down!". The entire place went silent except for the hostess who audibly responded with “really?” I was rather embarrassed but happy with the win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom