Trouble Ron Thompson Tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trouble Ron Thompson Tweet

So ... we should ignore the DO article and the comments that Thompson's HS coach made?

Burden said he spoke with Thompson after the surgery, and that the 6-foot-4, 256-pound freshman will be on crutches “for a couple months.” He was unsure whether or not Thompson would be back to 100 percent in time for spring football, but he said the start of the 2013 season was not in jeopardy.

“He’s really looking forward to getting right into rehab and being back,” Burden said.

So ... we should ignore the DO article and the comments that Thompson's HS coach made?

Burden said he spoke with Thompson after the surgery, and that the 6-foot-4, 256-pound freshman will be on crutches “for a couple months.” He was unsure whether or not Thompson would be back to 100 percent in time for spring football, but he said the start of the 2013 season was not in jeopardy.

“He’s really looking forward to getting right into rehab and being back,” Burden said.

depends. If its avascular necrosis with significant bone death then yes, he just doesn't know that this isn't a simple orthopedic injury with the usual time lines of healing. As I said above they likely (the kid, the drs, the coach) still don't know the extent of the issue until enough time goes by to see how it heals. Usually if its significant loss of tissue it's never good.

Do you ever have good news?:(
you know us medical types are pessimists by nature usually going to worse case scenario and being happily and pleasantly surprised by better outcomes.

The one time I went the opposite way trying to be overly optomistic was with Arinze O's quad injury and we know how that turned out! :) But seriously, there's quite a few variables involved with injuries as to the mechanism of how they occured and within each injury type theres varying degrees of severity which makes arm chair diagnosis challenging. That said anytime there's "blood supply" issues (or however they phrased it), it's not usual and routine and so very potentially problematic well above and beyond the usual orthopedic conncerns.

Hey guys...he is playing next year. Mark my words. Freakin sky is always falling in this board and its really annoying to read. I told you guys he was out for the year and that is the extent of it. He will be back next season and will turn heads. End this discussion.

Hey guys...he is playing next year. Mark my words. Freakin sky is always falling in this board and its really annoying to read. I told you guys he was out for the year and that is the extent of it. He will be back next season and will turn heads. End this discussion.

And if he doesn't and that fact really sucks for the Cuse ... I will feel more sad for that kid than anything ... to have the chance to play D1 ball and maybe someday go pro and have it taken away before you even take a snap at the D1 level sucks ... I pray he comes back strong no matter his fate with the squad ...

So you know the extent of the injury and how long there was no blood flow and whether there was any permanent bone death?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

your mouth to Gods ears man. What have you heard? Was it not blood supply related?

Haha. Ron told me personally he is back next year full force. And no, it was not just a kid being optimistic..it was a kid who took information given to him by physicians and knowing that he still has a bright future in football. I swear half of you have nothing positive to talk about on bye weeks so you just start flapping your jaws to hear yourselves talk.

Haha. Ron told me personally he is back next year full force. And no, it was not just a kid being optimistic..it was a kid who took information given to him by physicians and knowing that he still has a bright future in football. I swear half of you have nothing positive to talk about on bye weeks so you just start flapping your jaws to hear yourselves talk.

I think your overreacting. Some people are projecting the end of the world because they're unhappy with the program right now and want a new coach but others, like a doctor actually know what they are talking about and aren't being pessimistic. Just realistic.

thanks man you made our day. But chill on the rest. Sports message board...nature of the beast.

I think your overreacting. Some people are projecting the end of the world because they're unhappy with the program right now and want a new coach but others, like a doctor actually know what they are talking about and aren't being pessimistic. Just realistic.
Regular has predicted 99 of the last 1 debilitating injuries.

Hey doc my shoulder hurYOU HAVE CANCER AND AIDS. Really? I just feel slight discomfOH ITS DEFINITELY THE AIDS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nobody is flapping their gums, so you can back off that. We're reading the article that says there was a lack if blood flow to the hip. That can mean very bad things as Cuseregular said. If his coach is gonna toss that much out, he should have described the injury more instead of leaving it at that where people can expect the worse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hey doc my shoulder hurYOU HAVE CANCER AND AIDS. Really? I just feel slight discomfOH ITS DEFINITELY THE AIDS

Are you drunk because I honestly have no idea what this says.

That's fine. Just don't PM me again the next time something goes wrong with your ankle, or whatever the hell was wrong with you a while back. Because regardless I'll just tell you to give yourself an enema and set yourself up for a colonoscopy...

which according to Chip you just might enjoy...

Disagree with Cuseregular. Doing a simple physical exam could have determined it was the hip. Anything in the groin region should be considered hip until proven otherwise.

That's fine. Just don't PM me again the next time something goes wrong with your ankle, or whatever the hell was wrong with you a while back. Because regardless I'll just tell you to give yourself and enema and set yourself up for a colonoscopy...

which according to Chip you just might enjoy...

How does Chip know? Did he run the pump?

He jumps to alarming conclusions and he knows I'm just messing with him

LOL, gotcha. I understood most of it but I wasn't sure if Cali had hacked into your account by mistake.

LOL, gotcha. I understood most of it but I wasn't sure if Cali had hacked into your account by mistake.

Couldn't have been Cali ... debilitating was spelled properly.