Trouble Ron Thompson Tweet | Syracusefan.com

Trouble Ron Thompson Tweet

I think PP sold the soul of the football program at some point on time. This would clearly explain everything.

He was a legit 4 star recruit with big boy school offers. So when I heard he was hurt I just assumed it was career ending. My bar was already set on the floor.

relax the real reports will come out at some point.

Do you know the real report or are you basing it off of the fact that usually tweets like this are about as close to the truth as Rutgers is as close to being a national power in football?

id guess its a tear of something and hes out for the whole year instead of being healed and atleast ready to practice after this week..i wont get too worked up over this

id guess its a tear of something and hes out for the whole year instead of being healed and atleast ready to practice after this week..i wont get too worked up over this

Pretty sure he was already lost for the season ... this would be in addition to that fact.

yea i had him out for year...as long as hes ready by march its fine at this point

Well at least they know rather than later. Missing spring ball will hurt but at least he should be back for pre season.

Tough break. If that was not treated the hip could die like Bo's. Wish the kid a speedy recovery and rehab.

I have come to expect that from the SU medical staff ... both hoops and football

Yep. Many complaints about misdiagnoses and poor rehab.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
Syracuse football: Ron Thompson's injury is much more serious than you think. Story is filed and will be up momentarily.

Uh Oh. I dont like the sound OF THAT
wow this aint good. It sounds like what I was referring to as worst case scenario in the Justin Pugh thread. He probably did it the way Bo did it with a transitional partial dislocation that popped in and out at the socket, so in defense of the SU med crew, theres really no way you can tell this is going on. Unless there was an actually hit and injury that they knew about. Regardless, it's likely career over over if its the avascular necrosis. Add him to the Idris Price, Jermaine Pierce, etc. list. Man o man. When will it end our best players or prospects getting hurt and/or losing their careers. Unreal.

Knew he wasn't going to play this year, but did not ever think that this was a possibility. The original groin injury was going to force him out for the year due to how many games he would've already missed, but this... boy oh boy.

Good luck to him...

I dont care what anyone says this program is snake bitten this happens year after year to us.

Is this similar to Delone's hip injury?
much worse, if the blood supply was truly lost for any extended period of time.

If so the ultimate result is likely to be a total hip replacement and no way the joint can withstand the rigors of football. If it happenend in camp they won't know for months post injury the extent of the injury and the amount of remodelling the head of the femur will undergo, which literally disintergrates with lost blood supply there. If it is this worst case scenario it takes months for this process to play out and the concern is that it heals like scar tissue...all misshapen and not as functional. Think of any scar tissue any of us has on our bodies secondary to a major issue we've had.

The problem is that this things insidious in that the patient can walk around albeit with a limp. This is why they thought it was a groin injury. The damn thing just gets progressively gets worse until they finally do an MRI and see the bone dying and detiorating and Dx this instead of a groin problem. And to reiterate one really can't blame the med staff...just no way your thinking of this happening with routine injury. Just think back to Bo Jacksons injury and youtube it, no one suspected this type freak thing. Again unless something significant happened to the kid, you're not simply not thinking of this.

If it was a short temporary loss of blood supply and it's reestablished quickly damage can be minimal and it can heal decently to allow proper and adequate healing, with worst case in this scenario a partial hip job. I have a feeling given the time course of how it's reading and played out this probably didn't happen as they weren't sure what was going on until later and the result could be career over if it's the worst form of this problem. That'd be our luck seemingly right?

If so I have a feeling that Marrone had this in the front of his mind when he was referring to bad luck post Mn. game and not just what occured in that game.