True Frosh Participation Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

True Frosh Participation Report

He only has played in one game. If he reaches four then we can come back to this

True but I don't think Dino would use him on the goal line and not somebody else to get real game reps in. But you're right, we'll see and kind of fun to speculate.

True but I don't think Dino would use him on the goal line and not somebody else to get real game reps in. But you're right, we'll see and kind of fun to speculate.
If all he does is lead block in close red zone situations and it leads to td’s, it’s worth it.

If all he does is lead block in close red zone situations and it leads to td’s, it’s worth it.

He whacked two guys good on the overturned TD

He moves people, and you can see, he is guick. If they decide to go to a power attack, he would be a good lead man.
I'm definitely on board, especially seeing how effective it was having him in there against a P5 opponent.

Purdue:

Darrell Gill (3)
David Clement (3)

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)
Bryce Cohoon (2)
Rashard Perry (2)

Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (1) ?
Perry definitely played vs Purdue.

After Clemson

Darrell Gill (5)

David Clement (4)
Rashard Perry (4)

Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (3)
Bryce Cohoon (3)

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)

Liked seeing Perry in the baby Rhino role a bit, but is it really worth burning his redshirt to have him play 1 or 2 snaps in a future game?

It’s a fine line. I agree with you in principal but a lot of players want to play NOW and don’t want to redshirt. Coaches have to balance a player’s expectations with what is best for the team.

If you don’t play a player who wants to play, even if it’s only a few situational plays, coaches risk losing said player to the portal.

A player left the program earlier this week cause he wanted to redshirt, but the coaches said he was needed on special teams. Looks like we brought in a few players who were projected to primarily help with special teams; good athletes but not skilled enough to break into the two-deep in their position group. I understand we have had three players leave the program since the season started for various reasons.

The portal and NIL tampering have changed the college football landscape, and the mentality of today’s athlete is different than that of players in the past.

Did anyone notice Duece Chestnut was at the game yesterday?

It’s a fine line. I agree with you in principal but a lot of players want to play NOW and don’t want to redshirt. Coaches have to balance a player’s expectations with what is best for the team.

If you don’t play a player who wants to play, even if it’s only a few situational plays, coaches risk losing said player to the portal.

A player left the program earlier this week cause he wanted to redshirt, but the coaches said he was needed on special teams. Looks like we brought in a few players who were projected to primarily help with special teams; good athletes but not skilled enough to break into the two-deep in their position group. I understand we have had three players leave the program since the season started for various reasons.

The portal and NIL tampering have changed the college football landscape, and the mentality of today’s athlete is different than that of players in the past.

Did anyone notice Duece Chestnut was at the game yesterday?
Whoa three players? Guessing Oliver is one of them from reading the tea leaves.

Liked seeing Perry in the baby Rhino role a bit, but is it really worth burning his redshirt to have him play 1 or 2 snaps in a future game?
Yes, he’s part of an effective short yardage/redzone package.

Huge impact with a low snap count.

Would like to see him play a lot against a team like FSU, play a bit of a power game to get the DL to hesitate.
That would open up some passing lanes for Garrett. He would be a load with the ball in his hands.
Someone could get hurt trying to tackle him after a few steps.

Elijah wright also playing the baby rhino role. Do u really need 2 of them ?

If Duce was there, could he be redshirting this year and returning next? Or does that not work?

Curious about the other three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom