True Frosh Participation Report | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

True Frosh Participation Report

If Duce was there, could he be redshirting this year and returning next? Or does that not work?

Curious about the other three.
Hmm... Never though about that approach, but he still has his redshirt and could transfer again without losing year. Problem would be that unless he is granted a waiver as a second time transfer he would have to sit the spring and fall 24 semesters so he would not be able to play next year and would, in effect, lose one.

If Duce was there, could he be redshirting this year and returning next? Or does that not work?

Curious about the other three.
Other three?

you mean transfers?

Hmm... Never though about that approach, but he still has his redshirt and could transfer again without losing year. Problem would be that unless he is granted a waiver as a second time transfer he would have to sit the spring and fall 24 semesters so he would not be able to play next year and would, in effect, lose one.
Unless he is a grad transfer, I don’t know if that is possible for him.

Unless he is a grad transfer, I don’t know if that is possible for him.
Good point. He was an early enrollee I believe so if he stays in school he will have 3 1/2 years of classes plus summers. It’s possible.

Good point. He was an early enrollee I believe so if he stays in school he will have 3 1/2 years of classes plus summers. It’s possible.
Good point. Definitely doable. I could see it happening. I’d welcome him back.

Other three?

you mean transfers?
SUDadx2 mentioned three players have left the program since the start of the season including one who left this past week because he wanted to redshirt and they said no they needed him on special teams.

SUDadx2 mentioned three players have left the program since the start of the season including one who left this past week because he wanted to redshirt and they said no they needed him on special teams.
If that is the case it is very concerning that our coaches would make a kid burn his redshirt for special teams. Should be up to the player.
Does anyone know the names of the three players?

If DUCE redshirts he’d have two years left. If he transfers back, barring a waiver, he’d some how have to graduate by May to be able to play next fall.

Clement 4, Perry 4, Godard 3, Cohoon 3 all played Saturday according to participantion report, so none of them quit.

The three freshman who did not play. We can’t afford to lose the two lineman. Mack looks like a future starter.

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)

If DUCE redshirts he’d have two years left. If he transfers back, barring a waiver, he’d some how have to graduate by May to be able to play next fall.

Clement 4, Perry 4, Godard 3, Cohoon 3 all played Saturday according to participantion report, so none of them quit.

The three freshman who did not play. We can’t afford to lose the two lineman. Mack looks like a future starter.

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)
Since he enrolled early -- it's definitely possible, especially with extra summer courses. In theory, he could load up this spring too (and transfer back as of January).

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)

We also have 5 freshman who haven't seen any action yet:
David Omopariola
Muwaffaq Parkman
Josiah Jeffery
Jalil Smith
Ty Gordon

We also have 5 freshman who haven't seen any action yet:
David Omopariola
Muwaffaq Parkman
Josiah Jeffery
Jalil Smith
Ty Gordon

I didn't consider them because why would they quit if they haven't played yet. They can all still play 4.

SU roster hasn't been updated to reflect any defections.

Are these scholarship players, or walk ons?

Can anyone who sits in the front row confirm who wasn't there?

My spreadsheet ain't gonna update itself.
Nolton, Oliver haven’t played this year. Mason since Colgate, Folk since Purdue.

Do we know if there are injury issues?

Nolton, Oliver haven’t played this year. Mason since Colgate, Folk since Purdue.

Do we know if there are injury issues?

I thought Nolton was banged up in camp, but I'm not 100% sure.

Has anyone confirmed if Duce was at the game? Would be kind of strange even if he was planning on coming back.

After UNC:

Darrell Gill (5+)
David Clement (5)
Rashard Perry (5)

Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (4)

Bryce Cohoon (3)

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)

Burning Perry's redshirt to be a power blocking full back 1 or 2 times a game is an interesting decision, hope it works out and we don't regret it in the future.

Burning Perry's redshirt to be a power blocking full back 1 or 2 times a game is an interesting decision, hope it works out and we don't regret it in the future.

Worrying about what happens in 2027?

He could portal to an SEC school by then.

He needs to play now on defense, and offense. You burned his redshirt, and the people you have aren't world beaters.
Get him in the games and see what he can do.

Maybe, maybe not. He needs to continue develop that we know for sure. It is what it is at this point. We will see how it pans out, hope we it works out for the team and the young man.

Yeah in the age of portal there’s no way I’d worry about burning a redshirt. That’s out the window.

After FSU

Darrell Gill (5+)
David Clement (5+)
Rashard Perry (5+)

Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (4)

Bryce Cohoon (3)

Ike Daniels (2)
Trevion Mack (2)
Jayden Bass (2)

Is Ike Daniels being saved for some late season appearances?
He looked sharp in the early going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom