True PGs | Syracusefan.com

True PGs

kcsu

Living Legend
Watching the NC/Duke .AZ/UCLA games it is fun to watch some true point guards . Granted they might be shorter but their ball handling skills and quickness remind me of Sherm and Flynn. I wonder if JB will ever go back to recruiting that type of guard again.

Watching the NC/Duke .AZ/UCLA games it is fun to watch some true point guards . Granted they might be shorter but their ball handling skills and quickness remind me of Sherm and Flynn. I wonder if JB will ever go back to recruiting that type of guard again.

Do you not consider Ennis and MCW true point guards?

If Flynn had stayed one more year, he'd be talked about much more.

you can't be serious with this..he left on the highest note he possibly could. He was a top 10 pick. You leave EVERYTIME you are predicted to be in that slot
He also cemented his SU legacy with the 6OT game that year, too.

you can't be serious with this..he left on the highest note he possibly could. He was a top 10 pick. You leave EVERYTIME you are predicted to be in that slot
I didn't say he made the wrong decision. Quite the opposite. Was just being curious what people would think of his legacy with another year.

Not only a top 10 pick, but a point guard picked ahead of Steph Curry, the greatest shooter of all time. If you are Flynn you can't do much better than that.

I didn't say he made the wrong decision. Quite the opposite. Was just being curious what people would think of his legacy with another year.
I for one couldn't stand his sneering and arrogant antics on the court. While Flynn was a truly explosive basketball player he played with very little respect and I don't think he did much to make his teammates better. And for the record the incident with that girl really made me dislike him even more even though I get it she was a willing participant... the whole thing disgusts me and shows a total lack of respect for the opposite sex. Call me old fashioned but I'm glad the "dynasty" only lasted 2 years... I wasn't sad to see it go at all.

I for one couldn't stand his sneering and arrogant antics on the court. While Flynn was a truly explosive basketball player he played with very little respect and I don't think he did much to make his teammates better. And for the record the incident with that girl really made me dislike him even more even though I get it she was a willing participant... the whole thing disgusts me and shows a total lack of respect for the opposite s e x. Call me old fashioned but I'm glad the "dynasty" only lasted 2 years... I wasn't sad to see it go at all.

Wow, H0T Takes coming through.

Flynn played with plenty of respect for opponents, btw. He had some bravado, but that's certainly nothing new or unique. For the most part, he looked like he was having fun out on the court and rarely, if ever, had personal issues with opposing players. Never got into shoving matches or excessive trash talk, or any of that stuff.

I don't remember the issue with the girl that you're referencing.

I for one couldn't stand his sneering and arrogant antics on the court. While Flynn was a truly explosive basketball player he played with very little respect and I don't think he did much to make his teammates better. And for the record the incident with that girl really made me dislike him even more even though I get it she was a willing participant... the whole thing disgusts me and shows a total lack of respect for the opposite s e x. Call me old fashioned but I'm glad the "dynasty" only lasted 2 years... I wasn't sad to see it go at all.
Yikes! My memory must be worse than I thought! And that's saying something!

For the most part, he looked like he was having fun out on the court and rarely, if ever, had personal issues with opposing players. Never got into shoving matches or excessive trash talk, or any of that stuff..
Compare his on-court spirit to Frank's demeanor and it's night and day. Frank looks like he's grinding through a miserable 9-5 office job.

I love Devendorf but E (he never liked the Devo nickname btw) was way more arrogant and trash talked/jawed with opponents more than Flynn. If anybody showed disrespect to opponents it was E, ha.
He got in some girl's face one time. Is Devo who Foo was thinking/talking about?

He got in some girl's face one time. Is Devo who Foo was thinking/talking about?

Oh I don’t know. I was just saying that to me it was E who showed a lot of disrespect and trash-talked to opponents much more than Flynn did. I liked them both though. I’m strictly talking on court stuff.

And he bounced out of Minnesota due to the injury, but the writing was on the wall when word spread that he was uncoachable. "Insubordinate" was the word I heard used.

The guy was a very skilled player, but he's the poster child for what Griffin was referring to in SWC's recap last night - not professional enough to stick in the NBA. There are Jonny Flynns in the draft every June. When one of them can't get along with his coaches, he gets replaced pretty fast.

And he bounced out of Minnesota due to the injury, but the writing was on the wall when word spread that he was uncoachable. "Insubordinate" was the word I heard used.

The guy was a very skilled player, but he's the poster child for what Griffin was referring to in SWC's recap last night - not professional enough to stick in the NBA. There are Jonny Flynns in the draft every June. When one of them can't get along with his coaches, he gets replaced pretty fast.
Yep... I remember we "played" M2M during his time here basically because he and Harris wouldn't listen to the coaches when it came to the zone. I'm a big proponent of mixing up D's but at the end of the day the coach is the boss.

when you say point guard i think of a player who's handle is strong enuf to negate any ball pressure and who looks to dish first rather than score . solid defense and good free throw shooting is almost a must.

Yep... I remember we "played" M2M during his time here basically because he and Harris wouldn't listen to the coaches when it came to the zone. I'm a big proponent of mixing up D's but at the end of the day the coach is the boss.

Yes, directly from a member of the staff, certain players (including Flynn) were a problem on those teams. I sincerely doubt that anyone on the staff had anything negative to say to NBA personnel (they are very loyal and would do anything to help their players' career prospects), but I heard first-hand in 2009 that it was a big relief to turn that roster over.