Truly, no iphone app for Syracusefan.com? | Syracusefan.com

Truly, no iphone app for Syracusefan.com?

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I've had my iphone for less than a week and am still figuring out how to use it. I have discovered it is almost impossible and very cumbersome to try to read the syracusefan.com site and figured there MUST be an app. So far, I have not found it. Since I am a very impatient lass and never hesitate to ask for directions, I thought that before I turned myself inside out during this app quest, I would ask our very smart phone posters for advice.

Thank you!

I've had my iphone for less than a week and am still figuring out how to use it. I have discovered it is almost impossible and very cumbersome to try to read the syracusefan.com site and figured there MUST be an app. So far, I have not found it. Since I am a very impatient lass and never hesitate to ask for directions, I thought that before I turned myself inside out during this app quest, I would ask our very smart phone posters for advice.

Thank you!
Try ForumRunner

Take it back for a Samsung Galaxy. 5 inch screen vs 4 makes a huge difference both in browsing and typing.

CorduroyG said:
ive read alot of people complaining about forum runner but ive had no issues with it, i love it.

Did you use tapatalk?

Edit - so apparently t a p a t a l k auto corrects on this site to the above. That should tell you everything.

Thank you!

This goes to anyone out there trying to access the forum from a mobile device.

Before trying ForumRunner, open syracusefan.com in your phone's browser, roll down to the bottom left hand corner of the screen and look for A&O. If you see it, you are not set up to view the syracusefan.com site in mobile mode. Click on A&O. You should see some other choices pop up. Select Mobile. This tells the site to display the web pages in mobile format, which I think you will find very much more enjoyable than A&O mode.

ForumRunner has some nice features but I suspect a lot of users will be happy just switching to Mobile mode on their phones. Check it out and let us (the admins) know what you think!

No dont try forum runner. Its a waste of money and theres too many error messages , connection errors EVERYDAY. You are better off using safari and typing the address in ,then use mobile style.
I've had no more problems with this site than any other mobile app I use on my iPhone. It beats the alternative of trying to view the website on a mobile app.

'72 Orange said:
I've had no more problems with this site than any other mobile app I use on my iPhone. It beats the alternative of trying to view the website on a mobile app.
What kind of phone do you have?

Before trying ForumRunner, open syracusefan.com in your phone's browser, roll down to the bottom left hand corner of the screen and look for A&O. If you see it, you are not set up to view the syracusefan.com site in mobile mode. Click on A&O. You should see some other choices pop up. Select Mobile. This tells the site to display the web pages in mobile format, which I think you will find very much more enjoyable than A&O mode.

ForumRunner has some nice features but I suspect a lot of users will be happy just switching to Mobile mode on their phones. Check it out and let us (the admins) know what you think!
I tried this approach and it works fine on my iPhone. Thanks for the directions. I guess I now have two ways to get into the site! The good news is that the $1.99 i paid for ForumRunner is not going to "break the bank" :D

'72 Orange said:
iPhone 4S
I have the 4 and have multiple error messages every day. Not one day goes by where i didnt get multiple error messages . Once it clears it browses fine but once i close the app here comes the error messages again. I wouldnt recommend this app to a Uconn fan.

Have a 4s. I just use safari. Much easier to deal with.

iPhone 5C, forum runner - not as nice to look at as the other app - but works like a charm 95% of the time. Also eating up about 70% of my day ;).

I have the iP 4s and I just use safari, and have syracusefan bookmarked. It works fine for me.

I have the 5s and use forum runner. Little to no issues

Thanks Tomcat, it looks pretty good with this.

Forum runner looks and works great on my iPhone 5. I tried the AO method Tom describes, but it reverts back to the standard internet view every time I close down and launch safari so I couldn't stand it.

bballbeadle said:
I've had my iphone for less than a week and am still figuring out how to use it. I have discovered it is almost impossible and very cumbersome to try to read the syracusefan.com site and figured there MUST be an app. So far, I have not found it. Since I am a very impatient lass and never hesitate to ask for directions, I thought that before I turned myself inside out during this app quest, I would ask our very smart phone posters for advice. Thank you!

Tom. Made the switch as you suggested. Sooooo much better. Thanks.

Eureka! It worked! I haven't even looked at the other responses after yours, but I will because I feel it is my duty. Hooray! You guys are the greatest, especially YOU, Tomcat. (purrrrrr)

Do the chatrooms work better in Mobile format?
I tried to use the chatrooms on my iPhone when I was at the Miami game at the Dome, but it was pretty much impossible to use.

I fail to see how Arinze plays into this.

Thank you!

Works just fine on Safari. I actually prefer the browser to an app because you can zoom in and make the type bigger.

Thank you!
When you are signed into Syracusefan.com click on your profile name in the upper right-hand corner and choose "Preferences." Then change your Style to "Mobile Style."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom