Class of 2014 - Trumaine Washington - DB - Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Trumaine Washington - DB - Florida

Ottrando23

Walk On
@ChrisSmithVU247: Killian (FL) CB Trumaine Washington has received an offer today from #Syracuse. #Akron commit. #Orange http://t.co/m44XLHkEFz via @247Sports

I wonder why they pulled Tindal's offer cause Syracuse is still goin after defensive backs. Washinginton ranges from to 2 to 3 stars between the sites.

Trumaine Washington says he will be officially visiting Syracuse the weekend of January 31st

This certainly is strange.

Pretty good hips, OK speed and looks to be pretty built already. Maybe safety. Looks like he could be a good fit for Shafer's D.

Last edited:
Had some interest by the bigs in Florida, but supposedly only has offers from SU, Purdue, and Akron

Wow, trust staff but how many DB/CB do we need? Maybe they will sign them, sprinkle them with magic dust and turn them into DL/OL.

The more quick twitch athletes the merrier. Look at how many injuries we had in the DB core this year alone. They are also key special teams players. Also, with spread and ho-huddle offenses, you have more on the field, and have to rotate them more than ever. Keep them coming!

I wonder why they pulled Tindal's offer cause Syracuse is still goin after defensive backs. Washinginton ranges from to 2 to 3 stars between the sites.

Gotta wonder if we just found him or what. Obviously they are prioritizing Washington over Tindal since Tindal has been pulled.

Like others have said, gotta think this is in case Dawson can't continue to suit up and play football...

The more quick twitch athletes the merrier. Look at how many injuries we had in the DB core this year alone. They are also key special teams players. Also, with spread and ho-huddle offenses, you have more on the field, and have to rotate them more than ever. Keep them coming!
If I were to guess,this might also mean that they are going to bring Naesean Howard in as a running back since we haven't been very successful with running backs in this class.

If I were to guess,this might also mean that they are going to bring Naesean Howard in as a running back since we haven't been very successful with running backs in this class.
very-interesting-1.jpg

His senior film shows him making plays against two of the best WR's in the country, 5 star Ermon Lane and of course the great Steve Ishmael. It looked like Lane was giving him his props for checking him good. Ishmael showed his frustration in the end zone after Trumaine deflected the ball

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/522670/highlights/98119400?autoplay=1

Gotta wonder if we just found him or what. Obviously they are prioritizing Washington over Tindal since Tindal has been pulled.

Like others have said, gotta think this is in case Dawson can't continue to suit up and play football...
Gotta believe Dawson's health is the driver here. Another Akron recruit in Washington; that staff seems to be doing a good job identifying talent in Fla.

Visiting Louisville this weekend. He was being recruited to WKU when Petrino & Co were still there, as well as his position coach who he committed to at Akron is now on Louisville's staff. They look like the team to beat.

by the way Washington was a 1st team all-state class 8A. same as Ishmael.

Cordy was 3rd team 8A

I will take that anyday over a NY state prospect who wants to make a "brand" for themselves. Keep the pipeline going from Florida and Illinois. I really like how the coaches are able to identify the talent and hopefully close on that talent. I am already extremely excited for next year; especially since I will be back in Syracuse on a permanent basis.

They are both 2014. Miami Killian was only 6-4 on the season so Washington must be pretty good to earn 1st team all-state.

FYI Cordy was 1st team all miami dade county last year as junior. Ishmael was to.

Washington and Edouard were second teamers as juniors.

And they're both 2014s?
Yep, 2014. After some thought on the many observations on why we offered both, plus Dowels, this could be a package deal from the sounds of the tweets. Washington and Cordy appear to be good buds who are excited about playing together. All the speculation about health/ academic concerns, grad/ depth, performance, and position shifts also make perfect sense for CB bundling this yr. As far as why we pulled offer to Timdel, could be anything from lack of interest to final recruit eval/ comparison. Could be Washington and Cordy scored better than Tindel, and possibly Kyron Brown, too.

Last edited:
Yep, 2014. After some thought on the many observations on why we offered both, plus Dowels, this could be a package deal from the sounds of the tweets. Washington and Cordy appear to be good buds who are excited about playing together. All the speculation about health/ academic concerns, grad/ depth, performance, and position shifts also make perfect sense for CB bundling this yr. As far as why we pulled offer to Timdel, could be anything from lack of interest to final recruit eval/ comparison. Could be Washington and Cordy scored better than Tindel, and possibly Kyron Brown, too.

Could be a package deal or also a deal to help solidify the pipeline for the future.