Tuesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Tuesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
sfb-100115-marronejpg-9ec8d5faf0c4bcbe_large.jpg

Q&A: Syracuse coach Doug Marrone

Syracuse coach Doug Marrone is confident QB Ryan Nassib will be successful with the 'right people' around him

Marcus Sales — Meet the 2012 Syracuse football team

Syracuse Football: Get to Know Your Orange Man - #51 Eric Crume ...

Recruiting

488686.jpg

East Pennsboro QB Austin Wilson to Syracuse came out of nowhere

Louisville Offers DeShone Kizer

Garrett Anderson 2013 QB Prospect at Oakland Elite 11 and NFTC ...
Oren Burks

Two Florida Athletes Get Offers

64332722.jpg

Ramar Dennis WSDE 6-2 230 Class of 2013

Offers Syracuse, No. Ill, S. Ala & Cincy

December article
Cincinnati gives Orlando Olympia defender Ramar Dennis his first offer

Video

Ramar Dennis-Olympia High School- Class of 2013

14_478039.jpg

OT Class of 2013 Shawn Curtis, Olympia, FL (2013)

Official Size: 6-4-1/2, 270

Assets: He has all the physical tools that college coaches desire in a left offensive tackle. Curtis has long arms, light feet, and is a natural hip and knee bender. When he stays squared up on pass rushers they have little chance of getting to the quarterback. His frame will easily allow him to play at 300 pounds at the next level without being considered fat.

Development: He could improve his punch and physicality at the point of attack. Curtis also needs to work on staying squared up on the defender by not opening the door by turning his hips to the side.

Offers: Syracuse, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, Miss St and USF
Video
Shawn Curtis #72

Former Players & Staff

ESPNHS: How did you hurt your groin?

Terry: I actually hurt it in the state title game. I wasn't resting so it had become a chronic problem and I had to stop running track. I've tried resting some but I committed to going to the NFTC, so I had to prepare for that. Now that I'm done, I'm going to rest up before going to Florida in June to train with Donovin Darius, who used to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
ESPN

The news that Bobby Carpenter signed with New England barely made a ripple around here, but Carpenter filled a key role for the Lions last season. As the fourth linebacker, he was capable of filling in for either of the starting outside linebackers (he made three starts), he was a big part of the goal line and short-yardage packages and he was a key special teams contributor.
Who steps into that role this season? Second-year Doug Hogue will get the first crack at it, but he's going to have to hold off some talented rookies
DN

"Michigan fans hate Rich Rodriguez for hiring Greg Robinson.

Syracuse fans hate Greg Robinson for, well, being Greg Robinson"

College coaches spark ire in fans

Fantasy

Barring a late free agent signing, the other backs in the mix for San Diego (Curtis Brinkley, Jacob Hester) are unlikely to take many touches away from Mathews
NFLS

Around The Big East

Boise St., SDSU: Full steam ahead to Big East

Big East still hopeful, but tectonic shifts have league's fate in doubt

Around The Nation

Ex-Coach Bill Stewart Dies From Heart Attack

Auburn Tigers lead weekend's QB commitment parade

The Future Of College Football: Playoffs, 16-Team Super ...

Update on Pac-12 TV schedule

Ohio State football leads Athletic Department's 46 NCAA violations

New Stadium

Couch Slouch: Minnesota continues centuries old tradition of tax subsidies for stadiums

High School

Upstate football players prepare for annual all-star game

Blogs

-3a2bef5647f7b9c2_large.jpg

Holmes was most likely cut to make room for tight end Andre Smith.
The former Syracuse cornerback went undrafted in 2011 and later signed with the Bears. After impressing coaches with his play on special teams and corner, the Bears released him. The Colts picked him up in October, but he did not see any game-day action.

Keep this in mind: The Colts are extremely thin at corner. We can conclude that GM Ryan Grigson and head coach Chuck Pagano did not think Holmes could compete for a roster spot at the Colts' weakest position. With that in mind, it's safe to say the Colts didn't lose much, if anything, with this move.
BR

College Conference Realignment: With Shaky Big East, SMU May Be Looking For New Home Soon

University News

Syracuse University files show the making of Mike Wallace -- at a historic time