Tuned into my first Mets game for a while | Syracusefan.com

Tuned into my first Mets game for a while

SWC75

Bored Historian
David Wright hits a home run for a 2-1 lead. The Mets go into the top of the 9th with that lead. Matt Harvey in his last start of the eyar, (why?) is due for the win. The Phillies have two hits. Josh Edgin comes in to try to get his first save, (in his 32rd game). The Phillies get down to their last strike but a couple of close ones are called balls. Chase Utley goes to first. Ryan Howard comes up and on (I think) the third pitch, hits it to the moon. Phillie 3 Mets 2. The Mets get a guy on in the bottom of the 9th. Dan Murphy hits what looks like a sure double to the left field corner but a guy makes a full-extention, diving catch. Wright ground out to end the game.

It's the Mets' 8th straight home loss. They haven't scored 3 runs in any of those games, a franchise record. You have to go back 40 years to find such a stretch by any team. The Mets, who were 46-39 on July 7ths, are now 66-82. That's 20-43.

I just grabbed the remote and flipped to another station. What can you do?

David Wright hits a home run for a 2-1 lead. The Mets go into the top of the 9th with that lead. Matt Harvey in his last start of the eyar, (why?) is due for the win. The Phillies have two hits. Josh Edgin comes in to try to get his first save, (in his 32rd game). The Phillies get down to their last strike but a couple of close ones are called balls. Chase Utley goes to first. Ryan Howard comes up and on (I think) the third pitch, hits it to the moon. Phillie 3 Mets 2. The Mets get a guy on in the bottom of the 9th. Dan Murphy hits what looks like a sure double to the left field corner but a guy makes a full-extention, diving catch. Wright ground out to end the game.

It's the Mets' 8th straight home loss. They haven't scored 3 runs in any of those games, a franchise record. You have to go back 40 years to find such a stretch by any team. The Mets, who were 46-39 on July 7ths, are now 66-82. That's 20-43.

I just grabbed the remote and flipped to another station. What can you do?

Well, there's always this:

It's the Mets' 8th straight home loss. They haven't scored 3 runs in any of those games, a franchise record

And if you make it 3 runs or less, it's something like 15 home games in a row. I think they have lost 11 of 12 at this point?

I do like watching Matt Harvey pitch. Looks like he'll be a good one.

And if you make it 3 runs or less, it's something like 15 home games in a row. I think they have lost 11 of 12 at this point?

I do like watching Matt Harvey pitch. Looks like he'll be a good one.

You are right. I misunderstood what they were saying last night. It's 15 games in arow. Seattle had a 16 game streak a couple of years ago but apparently no national league team ahs had such a streak in 40 years. David Wright can't do it all by himself.

I saw a stat on twitter about the Mets in the last week or so that made me LOL. Wins at Citi Field since All-Star Break: Nats(6), Braves(5), Mets(4). Not sure how accurate that still is, or if someone else has joined in.

I saw a stat on twitter about the Mets in the last week or so that made me LOL. Wins at Citi Field since All-Star Break: Nats(6), Braves(5), Mets(4). Not sure how accurate that still is, or if someone else has joined in.

The Mets have lost 24 of their last 28 homes games. Their entire slump is at home!

That stadium has been a curse for the franchise.

The franchise (not Tom Seaver) has been a curse for the franchise.

Best way to solve it - move to DC, get Nats seasons, watch an organization do things the right way, have your childhood hero manage em, get your kids into it, and go on from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom