Turn on ESPN U | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Turn on ESPN U

You're insane.
The only scoreboard that matters now is P5 vs Mid-Major. They can have their rings- bless their hearts.
I'd rather be us by a long shot!

I wouldn't want to be in their position now, though we are not exactly lighting things up in the ACC or nationally. But I would rather have their 4 rings over what SU did in the past twenty years.

I wouldn't want to be in their position now, though we are not exactly lighting things up in the ACC or nationally. .

No, but next year we might. We know they won’t.

No, but next year we might. We know they won’t.

If Carey can play some effective PG minutes, we might be solid. To be clear, I think Carey will be terrific as a scoring guard. Also, have to see who is on our roster but we should be a lot better than UConn.

If Carey can play some effective PG minutes, we might be solid. To be clear, I think Carey will be terrific as a scoring guard. Also, have to see who is on our roster but we should be a lot better than UConn.
UConn got a kid that is ranked 102 and they talk about him like he was magic johnson. Being better than UConn is far too low a bar for me.

Is Carey currently or will be playing mostly PG soon due to an injury to the usual PG?

UConn got a kid that is ranked 102 and they talk about him like he was magic johnson. Being better than UConn is far too low a bar for me.

I wasn't setting the bar there, just making a comment that was relevant this this thread. If we are not a top 20 team next year and our roster is everyone but Battle (or very close to that), it would be a huge disappointment.

Is Carey currently or will be playing mostly PG soon due to an injury to the usual PG?

Yes. They don't have many games left though. Already played their last home game. He's been doing fine at PG and has been distributing the ball well but he still has that scorer's mentality at the fore.

They get more TV exposure than we do. Why aren't their games on the AAC Network where hardly anyone can see it?
I live in Connecticut and have the mid-range cable package with Comcast and see more of our games than UConn games now. They are only on ESPNU (occasionally) and CBSSN (all the time) - I don't get either of those. We are on NESN a lot, which I get. Also, we are on the local CW a fair amount, which UConn never is.

Yes. They don't have many games left though. Already played their last home game. He's been doing fine at PG and has been distributing the ball well but he still has that scorer's mentality at the fore.
Carey hasn't been shooting the ball all that great from distance this year.

That's true. He's streaky as an outside shooter. Gets to the rim really well. He's more of a slasher. SU version of Dion minus Dion's physical presence.

He can be a supreme bricklayer early on. Don’t care. But, if his handle is real nice and be plays downhill with speed then I’ll take it. I’m optimistic about those qualities and him being assertive/aggressive.

I think what it really comes down to is would you take a week with Kate Upton if you had to abstain the rest of your life after?

thats alot of spank bank material. Dont underestimate the value of a well funded spank bank.

Wait, you're actually counting the bogus Helms titles? Really?
Yes, I have an appreciation for and a knowledge of history. I don't care what Helms thought, but I do care what happened on the court and what the experts thought back then.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am just saying I completely disagree with you.

Last edited:
Yes, I have an appreciation for and a knowledge of history. I don't care what Helms thought, but I do care what happened on the court and what the experts thought back then.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am just saying I completely disagree with you.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion but the Helms titles are not considered legit championships when counting NCAA Titles. Even college hoops purists/historians don’t add them in totals.

Even college hoops purists/historians don’t add them in totals.
I think some people will beg to differ by not considering TomCat a college hoops purist/historian. He is as least 99.4% pure.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion but the Helms titles are not considered legit championships when counting NCAA Titles. Even college hoops purists/historians don’t add them in totals.
Again, I am not talking about Helms championships. I have no interest in educating you about the history of college basketball.

Just know that your opinion that SU has one national champion in basketball is just that; your opinion.

Again, I am not talking about Helms championships. I have no interest in educating you about the history of college basketball.

Just know that your opinion that SU has one national champion in basketball is just that; your opinion.

Oh, sorry. I wasn't trying to be argumentative at all. You said 4-3. If you weren't including the 2 Helms "titles" in that total, I have no idea what you're referring to. We are in the modern era of college basketball. Those are the titles that matter. Very few people on planet earth count anything else. If you are in that minority, good for you. SU is referred to as having won the National Championship in 2003. That's it.

Carry on.

Found a picture of Dash’s house.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Frogerkay%2Ffiles%2F2011%2F06%2Fglasshouse3-300x204.jpg%3Fwidth%3D960

Some of you have bought this as well.

We thought you were staying away from here. Can you go back to that please?
School is in.

Now pay attention.

This thread is an abomination in like 10 different levels.

I think what it really comes down to is would you take a week with Kate Upton if you had to abstain the rest of your life after?
Length in the zone could be a factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom