Turnovers in the Marrone Era | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Turnovers in the Marrone Era

I am joking ... just going along with every other knee jerk reaction on this board, Shafer was a huge get for this staff ... as the athletes continue to improve his D will only get better and more aggressive.
Sorry - I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. I agree with you about the knee-jerk reactions of some who post here.

That extra 14% amounts to essentially 2.38 games ... lets not make it sound like 15 or 20 ...

It is not "the extra 14%. That merely represents the fact that we have had a worse than average experience when losing the TO ratio. If we improve on the ratio itself we change the outcome - not the difference between our 94% loss experience and the average 80% loss experience. We move into the neutral category where were 5-4 and when we win the turnover ratio we are 13-4.

The numbers are the numbers. A small improvement in TO ratio that gets us from minus to zero gets big W-L results in those games - period.

It is not "the extra 14%. That merely represents the fact that we have had a worse than average experience when losing the TO ratio. If we improve on the ratio itself we change the outcome - not the difference between our 94% loss experience and the average 80% loss experience. We move into the neutral category where were 5-4 and when we win the turnover ratio we are 13-4.

The numbers are the numbers. A small improvement in TO ratio that gets us from minus to zero gets big W-L results in those games - period.

I was actually speaking to Millhouse ... I know he is hung up on that number. Frankly the fact that our record is 18-8 when we are even or ahead in the turnover category tells me that we have the physical talent to compete with our BE brethren ... however we need to rid ourselves of the games where we lose the battle of turnovers and I like our chances of maintaining close to a 60% or better win percentage.

Shafer is the one coach to have ..when you're having more than one. (this one's for you...old timers)

Schaefer...is the...one beer to have...when you're having more than one!

"What do you hear in the best of circles? Schaefer, all around!"

An illuminated Schaefer beer advertisement once appeared in the outfield of Ebbets Field. If a player reached first base on a hit, the letter "h" would light up and if the official scorer ruled that a player reached first base due to an error, the "e" would light up.

Brought to you by F&M Schaefer Brewing Company, New York, NY - not Milwaukee!
Now owned by Pabst.

An illuminated Schaefer beer advertisement once appeared in the outfield of Ebbets Field. If a player reached first base on a hit, the letter "h" would light up and if the official scorer ruled that a player reached first base due to an error, the "e" would light up.

Now owned by Pabst.

Does that mean you can fit Schaefer in your stein? :)

i like looking at forced fumbles. if you can kill qbs and make them fumble, that's repeatable. lots of interceptions is less repeatable. some of that might come from pressure and some of that might come from being lucky enough to face bad qb play.

i think of the bills at the start of last year. lots of gift INTs. not sustainable.

on offense, i look at total turnovers as being more indicative of performance. i suppose offenses can get gifts in terms of dropped INTS but overall, turnovers on offense tell you more about how good your offense is than on the defensive side of the ball

we're pretty bad in fumbles and fumbles gained/lost

It is very difficult to find a relationship stronger than 80%. Turnovers are clearly very strong statistical indicators of results.

Now owned by Pabst.
They had a plant in Albany. When men were men and... (now we're geezers)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom