Twitter says SU ATHLETICS has called a 6:15 press conference for Sunday. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Twitter says SU ATHLETICS has called a 6:15 press conference for Sunday.

My conspiracy theory is that we think we're NIT bound and the presser is to announce JB is retiring and it'll drive tix sales to 35k to say good bye.

Photobucket burning couch Popcorn

It will also drive many people to the nearest bridge.

My conspiracy theory is that we think we're NIT bound and the presser is to announce JB is retiring and it'll drive tix sales to 35k to say good bye.

JB is going to annonuce that he's going back to the plaid sport coats.

20130224_kkt_ai8_832.0_.jpg

I just read that on Infowars.

Know you're kinda kidding but I kinda hope you're not, honestly.

Mike Waters
Jim Boeheim: "It's disappointing. It's disappointing for our two seniors who came here this year.''

Boeheim: "It comes down to we won just two road games and lost three games to teams outside the top 100.''

Boeheim: "I didn't think anything. I was going to wait and see.''

Boeheim: On expectations: "Whatever you hope, it's what the teams does.''

Boeheim: "It's not our schedule. We've got to win games.''

Boeheim on 5th-year senior: "If we didn't bring them in, we wouldn't have won 18 games.''

Boeheim on NIT: "When you get ready as a competitor, you want to go out and win the game.''

Boeheim on players' reactions: "Everybody was disappointed. It's what you would expect.''

And with that, Boeheim's press conference comes to an end. Much shorter than when SU makes the NCAA field.

Matt Schneidman‏ @mattschneidman
Jim Boeheim on ESPN: "The biggest problem I have...we had three top-10 wins and nobody on the bubble had three top-10 wins."

Boeheim: "I think it's difficult to understand the change from one year to the next...we finished ahead of Wake Forest in our league."

Boeheim: "If you're a good team, you shouldn't be on the bubble. We weren't a good team this year. I'll admit that."

Boeheim says a couple players were crying after they found out SU's fate.

Connor Grossman‏ @connorgrossman
Boeheim: I thought we would squeak into the Tournament, but we have to accept it and move on.

Boeheim on what his top priority for the selection committee would be: Did you show you could beat quality teams? I think we did that.

Boeheim: We weren't a good team this year. I know that. I admit that.

Boeheim: It's heartbreaking. because today, everything is about the NCAA Tournament.

Mike Waters‏ @MikeWatersSYR
Boeheim on ESPN: We went out and played people. We had 3 top 10 wins. Hard to keep a team like that out of the tournament.

Boeheim: I think it's who you beat; not who you played. Who are they capable of beating.

Boeheim: we beat 5 teams in the tournament. I think there are seven teams in the tournament that don't have that many.

Boeheim: you have to like what Duke has done. Also mentions Arizona, UNC and Kansas. Oregon hurt by injury to Boucher.

Boeheim: It's not just us. There are probably 20 broken-hearted teams out there

Last edited:
Mike Waters
Jim Boeheim: "It's disappointing. It's disappointing for our two seniors who came here this year.''

Boeheim: "It comes down to we won just two road games and lost three games to teams outside the top 100.''

Boeheim: "I didn't think anything. I was going to wait and see.''

Boeheim: On expectations: "Whatever you hope, it's what the teams does.''

Boeheim: "It's not our schedule. We've got to win games.''

Boeheim on 5th-year senior: "If we didn't bring them in, we wouldn't have won 18 games.''

Boeheim on NIT: "When you get ready as a competitor, you want to go out and win the game.''

Boeheim on players' reactions: "Everybody was disappointed. It's what you would expect.''

And with that, Boeheim's press conference comes to an end. Much shorter than when SU makes the NCAA field.

We wouldn't have won ten --- games with out the grad transfers!

and imagine the numbers if the NIT game was just the opening act for MONSTER TRUCKS !!!!!

I think I've been to high school games with more in the Dome than tonight. Maybe 'Cuse could have opened for them tonight.