Two games in two weeks | Syracusefan.com

Two games in two weeks

Briancuse

Living Legend
I get why we didn't have a game last week Xmas break but why don't we have a game during the week this week?

If they didn't do that then they couldn’t schedule us 3 times inside one week twice to start the year. The old league didn’t used to do that. I’m not supposed to say stuff like that though. Oops I just did.

Last edited:
Well, with all this time in between games, etc. it should give Frank all the time he needed to get 'right,' especially mentally, which I think has been the larger issue relative to his recovery. Conference play is here...no more excuses.

If they didn't do that then they couldn’t schedule us 3 times inside one week twice to start the year. The old league didn’t used to do that. I’m not supposed to say stuff like that though. Oops I just did.

The old league also had us have a year where we didn't play UConn and another year where we didn't play St. John's.

The old league also had us have a year where we didn't play UConn and another year where we didn't play St. John's.

I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered there was some scheduling complaints with the BE :)

I remember it was the year Yukon had Caron Butler. There was also a year that BC didn't have to play as many good teams and they finished really well. I believe it was 04. The BE scheduled all of the good teams Yukon, Syracuse, Pitt and so on to play each other twice. Then BC gets Cuse at home and ends up winning like 20 games to start the year because all of their 2 teams were bottom feeders. This is going straight off of memory. This is not about who you play but about scheduling the games in a way that hurts us and helps the old guard. The ACC seems to do that often.

I remember it was the year Yukon had Caron Butler. There was also a year that BC didn't have to play as many good teams and they finished really well. I believe it was 04. The BE scheduled all of the good teams Yukon, Syracuse, Pitt and so on to play each other twice. Then BC gets Cuse at home and ends up winning like 20 games to start the year because all of their 2 teams were bottom feeders. This is going straight off of memory. This is not about who you play but about scheduling the games in a way that hurts us and helps the old guard. The ACC seems to do that often.

UConn was 01-02.

I remember complaints about the BE using scheduling to build other programs. You may be right about the ACC, but the old conference was anything but good to us.

UConn was 01-02.

I remember complaints about the BE using scheduling to build other programs. You may be right about the ACC, but the old conference was anything but good to us.

Yeah, I remember we got so few Saturday games, and never any more Saturday night games.

When the Big East basketball stupidly had divisions they didn’t even guarantee each team would play everyone every year.
It was dumb and part of the reason 16 game conference schedules couldn’t work with divisions.
The old Big East had terrible leadership that was just ex-Providence College people who were installed to just protect PC’s place in a power basketball league.
When Dave Gavitt retired his replacements Mike Traghaese and John Marrianto were awful.

That BC year was 2005. Their last year in the league. They had that punk Dudley. That was the one year I attended the BE tournamnet. The entire Garden was rooting against them as 8 seed West Virginia and Pittsnoggle upset them in round 1. Cuse would beat WVU in the finals.

That BC year was 2005. Their last year in the league. They had that punk Dudley. That was the one year I attended the BE tournamnet. The entire Garden was rooting against them as 8 seed West Virginia and Pittsnoggle upset them in round 1. Cuse would beat WVU in the finals.
Dudley was on my top 5 for opponents I would have loved to punch in the face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom