Two Interesting Analytical Notes from Day 1 | Syracusefan.com

Two Interesting Analytical Notes from Day 1

djcon57

Living Legend
1) http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/03/21/ncaa-tournament-day-one-recap-adreian-payne/?eref=sihp

Check that Elite D/Suspect O chart. Real interesting stuff..

Ohio State and Cincy loses
St Louis should have lost
SDSU taken to OT
We'll see what VCU does today

Definitely will stick that away for next year's brackets

2) Check the KenPom.com rankings on Pitt vs Colorado.
Pitt is 14, Colorado was 79!!! down with the 14-15 seeds. Maybe KenPom is doing something right...we'll see how it works with Tennessee vs UMass today. He has Tenn at 9 and UMass at 50.

2) Check the KenPom.com rankings on Pitt vs Colorado.
Pitt is 14, Colorado was 79!!! down with the 14-15 seeds. Maybe KenPom is doing something right...we'll see how it works with Tennessee vs UMass today. He has Tenn at 9 and UMass at 50.

Not surprisingly Pitt was an unusually high favorite in an 8/9 game and Tennessee is favored.
Guy is obv. clueless though.

I am amazed the 'cuse comes in so well on offense at 26. The analysis makes sense to me, looks fairly predictive. That VCU game should tell a lot and if San Diego St wins a couple more games then I think they have to consider that a pretty significant outlier. Guess it depends on how far you expect them to advance ...

I am amazed the 'cuse comes in so well on offense at 26. The analysis makes sense to me, looks fairly predictive. That VCU game should tell a lot and if San Diego St wins a couple more games then I think they have to consider that a pretty significant outlier. Guess it depends on how far you expect them to advance ...

Our offense per possession was very good until we hit a swoon but the pace was still super slow. The swoon has steadily driven our rating down from one of the top offensive teams.

Not surprisingly Pitt was an unusually high favorite in an 8/9 game and Tennessee is favored.
Guy is obv. clueless though.

errrr...Tenn up by 20 in 1st half. haha

errrr...Tenn up by 20 in 1st half. haha

I can't tell whose sarcasm detector is broken - yours or mine?
I got Tenn. in the Elite 8.
If they play Michigan it'll be a pick 'em.

I can't tell whose sarcasm detector is broken - yours or mine?
I got Tenn. in the Elite 8.
If they play Michigan it'll be a pick 'em.

yours. I'm on the same page as you.

For the most part, i look at teams with high adj. D rankings (esp. in power conferences) as teams that will advance. Sure, you have your VCU's and Cincy's that lose, but overall your defense will get you farther in the tournament.

Good news is that outside of Florida, we are lined up to play teams with suspect defenses. That's always the best matchup for this years SU squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom