two names | Syracusefan.com

two names

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
jacob green and dontez ford
probably gone

any others?

Anyone know what happened with Ford? Did he just really dislike SU?

Yeah, what's the deal? Is he a lost cause at this point? I can't think of a single redshirt freshman whose transfer would be more disappointing. Good kid, potential very good player. And a position of need, no less.

if this is just a rumor you shouldn't post names
Dontez's twitter talks about leaving. someone mentioned he thinks he shoulda been a wr

Not a rumor as he has made it pretty public on twitter. Also Green is a walk-on so if he doesn't want to be here so be it. It's harsh but if you do not want to be part of the program then you shouldn't be here.

Not a rumor as he has made it pretty public on twitter. Also Green is a walk-on so if he doesn't want to be here so be it. It's harsh but if you do not want to be part of the program then you shouldn't be here.

Where did you hear about Green? Doesn't seem to leaving according to his twitter.

I'm no Twitter expert but, unless the tweets have since been deleted, the only mention of "transferring" that I can see is Dontez suggesting to one of his buddies that he should "transfer" to SU because "you would love it". He also just appears to be excited to head home to see his friends after finals.

Where did you hear about Green? Doesn't seem to leaving according to his twitter.

I am only talking about Dontez. Someone mentioned Green and was only stating he is a walk-on.

Ford was in a twitter conversation with a female that attended SU that he was leaving. Then I believe he told Green he should transfer to PITT as he would love it.

I could be wrong but that is how I took it all.

Just read Ford's twitter he is long gone. You have to dig but he isn't even sticking around for the Pinstripe. Too bad, time to move on.

Edit: looks like the whole team has some time off. Still doesn't sound good, but a lot of tweets about heading home for a few weeks.

Omari Palmer tweeted something about ford leaving as well. Really unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they want him to play safety, but he wants to be a WR. Also, he's from Pittsburgh, so not sure if he's transferring there or if it just meant "come check out Pittsburgh." Probably also related to being away from his long-time gf. He also liked Conley.

Sounds like they want him to play safety, but he wants to be a WR. Also, he's from Pittsburgh, so not sure if he's transferring there or if it just meant "come check out Pittsburgh." Probably also related to being away from his long-time gf. He also liked Conley.

Either way he has to sit a year now.

No the ACC bars in conference transfers, I am assuming we would be playing under their rules essentially.

Ok does the staff know all of this about Ford - shouldnt someone email them who is connected? Anyway sometimes these kids all they want is a little love and attention and knowledge about where they fit into the program and how they will get unto the field. Seems like if he wants to play WR, then he wants more of the spotlight.

Both the BE and the ACC bar inter-conference transfers.

If he wants to play somewhere immediately, he has to find an FCS school. Otherwise, he'll be a 3rd year Soph before he sees the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom