Two things | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Two things

All year I've been asking where that Baye went. Now I think it was just an aberration. The free throw draining, rebounding machine was just a mirage.

I hope I'm wrong, and Baye comes out and starts playing like that again, but I think that 3 week stretch was just a magical little run that we're never going to see out of him again. I know JB loves to praise his defense, but in my mind that has been the most disappointing part of his play this year.

I tend to figure he's going to be bad on offense, and let most rebounds trickle out of his hands and out of bounds, but defensively, that's where he always held his own. Now, not so much. If you can get it in the high post with Baye on the court - the rest of the team might as well just run back on defense because he's going to allow you to score.

He's had some decent games this year, few and far between, but some. But of late, he has been beyond bad. On offense, defense, and everything in between. And he needs to stop igniting the fast break for the other team, just slam the ball out of bounds if you must - but stop creating easy offense for the opponent. :(

agreed

Significant drop off is being kind. With Baye in the game, State's lead grew to 10...when Rak came back in is when we closed the gap. I recall one possession in the second half where we missed a shot and Baye got the rebound and appeared wide open for a put back dunk. Instead, he inexplicably tries to throw it back out...his pass was intercepted and started a fast break for State...which ultimately they converted on.
That was right after he had his shot blocked.

osullfam said:
The guy is a terrific representative of the University who had a bad night.
Wah

I didn't think his fouls represented us well at all

swish7 said:
What does last season have to do with this season? What does bmk's character have to do with the fact he's out there passing up dunk attempts? Why is he beyond reproach but Roberson is not? Does Roberson not have a nice enough smile? Does he play for a different team?

I was responding to the guy who said he wasn't a d1 center. Last year proved him wrong. That's what it had to do with it.

Don't tell that to Boeheim, he will lecture you on how he is the greatest defender inside the zone we have ever had at Syracuse. That's the type of stuff he says just to try and show how much smarter he is then everyone. I have been watching Baye for 4 years and he isn't close to the player Rak is...bonehead plays and all

And while i'm at it why in the world was he lecturing Rak at the end of the game after that wild 6 miss possession? Was he mad he didn't pass it to the right guy when he got the off rebound? Talk about whipping boy

Thank god someone brought this up. What was boeheim yelling at rak then. Ridiculous.

Thank god someone brought this up. What was boeheim yelling at rak then. Ridiculous.

i've literally been trying to figure this out all day. i went back and watched it several times and for the life of me can't figure it out. if I had to guess and have any lip reading skills i'd guess he was mad that he passed it out to the wrong guy? i have no idea how Rak puts up with it honestly. It's completely obvious he gets yelled at for stuff that Baye and others don't.

i've literally been trying to figure this out all day. i went back and watched it several times and for the life of me can't figure it out. if I had to guess and have any lip reading skills i'd guess he was mad that he passed it out to the wrong guy? i have no idea how Rak puts up with it honestly. It's completely obvious he gets yelled at for stuff that Baye and others don't.

In his first two years, rak would walk right by boeheim As he was getting yelled at and boeheim would then go talk to him after he took a seat. At the beginning of this year, rak made a deliberate effort to stop and listen to coach and make eye contact. His body language was better. However, as the year wore on, rak stopped doing this and reverted back to old self. Just something i noticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom