Ty Jerome / Hunter / Guy / Diakite | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ty Jerome / Hunter / Guy / Diakite

The upside - Zero expectations. If we win a game, great!!!! If we lose, well, no one expected us to win anyway.

Morsell will be very tough to deal with
We'll have a lot of questions at the beginning of the season that will need answers. Hopefully they'll be answered as the season progresses. A bunch of the replacements have had some really good moments in the spot situations they were used in during the past year. They'll have to show they can be consistent against everyone else's A-team.

To quote Linus Van Pelt, "There is no greater burden than a great potential."

Without knowing the schedule, and assuming Diakite doesn’t come back, I’m thinking around 19-11 or 20-10 with about a 7 seed. Most of the ACC won’t be as strong as last year, so not the worst season for a small rebuild.

Just got a little more manageable. Kyle Guy announced he’s staying in the draft, even though he’s highly unlikely to be drafted. That means Virginia will be without their top three players (Hunter, Jerome and Guy) as well as the big banger Salt. Possibly Diakite too, if he elects to stay in the draft. Much less daunting opener than it originally appeared.

Just got a little more manageable. Kyle Guy announced he’s staying in the draft, even though he’s highly unlikely to be drafted. That means Virginia will be without their top three players (Hunter, Jerome and Guy) as well as the big banger Salt. Possibly Diakite too, if he elects to stay in the draft. Much less daunting opener than it originally appeared.
Guy is going to get drafted. He could go anywhere from 20 to 50.

It’s great to play them in the opener though as we will want to bank a win .

Guy isn’t on anyone’s list. Too small too cover an NBA two guard, and not a good enough handle to play point. His only shot is late second round, and that’s highly unlikely.

Without knowing the schedule, and assuming Diakite doesn’t come back, I’m thinking around 19-11 or 20-10 with about a 7 seed. Most of the ACC won’t be as strong as last year, so not the worst season for a small rebuild.
I expect Duke to be a strong pre-season favorite, although their team next season will not be as strong as last season's. Which would indicate that the whole league will be down.

The ACC-B1G games may tell us a lot in December (assuming the Challenge is not moved to November to accommodate the new 20-game league schedules).

i hope cuse can "bank a win," although I suspect SU will be underdogs

yeah i totally agree...NCAA champs always get a bone or two...this is THE GUY who won UVA a title...that ridiculous late 3 he hit was make or break for it all and he hit it then hit those free throws too...

not saying he doesn't deserve it but over the last years thats how it works you get to the final four/win a title...you get drafted...go back through the last 10 title champs and find me a significant star who didn't at least get drafted...the % has gotta be over 90%...its just how it works...do good in NCAA, get rewarded.

he might not be on any lists but those lists are not written in stone...some of the names on those lists are laughable at best compared to the champions of NCAA...

he's getting drafted and there's going to be a bunch of movement on the projections from here to the actual draft, imo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom